• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Hamilton Prescott model (CORRECTION - PRESTON) "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Found a Hamilton wrist watch, marked 14k gold, PRESCOT. 19j movement . Overall very nice condition.

Can't find it in the CS book?

What can you tell me about it? Range of values ?

Charlie

posted
Charlie,

according to Rene Rondeau's Hamilton book it looks like the 14K Hamilton Prescott you've got was made around 1955. There was also a YGF Hamilton Presott (also round but a differnt style) issued in 1936. I don't know what values are on either one.

Dave Freeman
IHC Member 321

Posts: 976 | Location: Texas in the U.S.A. | Registered: January 27, 2004
posted
You know, it might have been a PRESTON. Was there such a model? ****, I hate getting old.

Thanks Dave. You said (also round but a different style). This watch is rectangular heavy thick crystal, the numbers marked are 12 3 9 with block for the other markings.

My buddy took it apart and it was marked Prescott (or Preston) at the top insided the case back. I don't know how to take it apart or I would look.

Try to get a pic up.

posted
Charlie,

yes there was a rectangular shaped 14K Hamilton Preston, issued in 1952. Do you have a picture ?

Dave Freeman
IHC Member 321

Posts: 976 | Location: Texas in the U.S.A. | Registered: January 27, 2004
posted
Here is the PRESTON

posted
front

posted
mvt

posted
back