Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Benrus watch "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Wayne C. Anderson
posted
Would like to find the model name and approx date of manufactur of this watch? Also the crystal is missing and I hope that replacements are available. Thanks for your help.

Posts: 886 | Location: Nebraska, in the U.S.A. Heartland | Registered: November 22, 2002
Picture of Peter Kaszubski
posted
you will need to pop the back case and look at
the serial# to find year and model but you need to look at the movement # not the case.
Glass is not that hard to find on ebay.

Posts: 4395 | Location: Arizona in the USA | Registered: July 23, 2011
posted
Benrus movement, Model BB 3.

Posts: 886 | Location: Nebraska, in the U.S.A. Heartland | Registered: November 22, 2002
posted
I say its from 1950s

posted
Peter,
Is there an on-line site where I can lookup the serial number on this Benrus movement Model BB3? Where is the serial number located on the movement? Thanks

Picture of Gary E. Foster
posted
Wayne, I just bought a couple crystals for some Bulova watches from Esslingers, also a google search for watch crystal should give you some leads to other suppliers, if you can't find one on eBay.

Gary

Posts: 1012 | Location: Western Pennsylvania in the USA | Registered: February 17, 2007
posted
I do not know any sites with benrus s/n but the model bb3 should help a bit

IHC Member 376
Watchmaker
Picture of Samie L. Smith
posted
Wayne the Movement
was made for Benrus by Eta and is a grade 900.

Posts: 3208 | Location: Monticello, Kentucky U.S.A. | Registered: June 24, 2004
posted
Ranfft shows an ETA 900 made c. 1950. The stepped case hearkens back to the '30s so I guess the watch is an early example of Retro-Modern styling.

Posts: 25 | Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA | Registered: December 18, 2007