Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Web site featuring early Hamilton wristwatches "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member
Wristwatch Host
Picture of Tony Dukes
posted
Yesterday I discovered a very interesting web site about early hamilton wristwatches. The site was developed by one of our own IHC 185 members-Will Roseman. Take a look- I think you will find it has a great deal of excellent information regarding early hamiltons.
www.vintagewatch.info

Posts: 1953 | Location: Atlanta, Georgia in the U.S.A. | Registered: August 01, 2003
Wristwatch Expert
IHC Life Member
Picture of William J. Hansen, Ph.D.
posted
Tony, You have discovered one of the most important sources of information about the Hamilton Watch Company wristwatches on the Planet.

William Jay Roseman, one of the newest members of the IHC has produced an on-line source of information that is amazing.

Will's collection is extraordinary. His knowledge is impressive and detailed, and his passion is unmatched.

I am delighted that he has joined our Chapter, and I thank him for his efforts. I refer to his site daily. I'm anxious for the next update. He has generously provided me with information and advise, and he has graciously bought a few watches from me in the past. I encourage all of the Hamilton collectors to help this fine fellow in this monumental project.

With all due respect, I challenge anyone to find a more complete, authoritative web site. Will provides detailed, amazingly researched information. The site contains no banners, no ads, no sales page for his own watches. Obviously this is a labor of love.

I appreciate it beyond words.

Cheers to William Jay Roseman.

Bill Hansen
IHC# 198
Life Member# 17

Posts: 813 | Location: Cincinnati, Ohio USA | Registered: January 22, 2003
posted
wow!

awesome!

Posts: 764 | Location: Saint Petersburg, Florida USA | Registered: June 26, 2003
IHC President
Life Member
Picture of Lindell V. Riddle
posted

If I may echo the comments of my friends Tony, Bill and Jeff... a few minutes ago we put this in our "Technical Library and Site Links"...

"Hamilton, America's Finest Wristwatch"

What a tremendous resource!

Wink

Posts: 10553 | Location: Northeastern Ohio in the USA | Registered: November 19, 2002
Hamilton WW Expert
IHC Life Member
posted
Everyone:

Wow! Thank you for your kind words, but I have done little more than to collect information that I have gotten from collectors that have been kind enough to share their knowledge with me.

The vast majority of information that I have received has come from Bryan Girouard who still to this day, knows more about Hamilton wristwatches from the classic period than anyone else I know. He has selflessly offered advice, information and tutoring. He is a true gentleman.

And thank you to Bill Hansen for allowing me to purchase from his collection some of my very favorite Hamiltons. Bill is one of Hamilton's greatest ambassadors.

I joined this site just as I am sure many of you have - to learn and share information in this wonderful hobby. As such, it is my pleasure to share anything that I have with others and I greatly appreciate the very generous welcome to this forum.

Kindest regards,

Will

Posts: 80 | Location: Carlstadt, New Jersey U.S.A. | Registered: January 23, 2005
posted
Boy what a great Hamilton site, and talk about good timing.
I just won this Hamilton BROOKE today on EBAY Big Grin

Posts: 976 | Location: Texas in the U.S.A. | Registered: January 27, 2004