Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Help with an Omega Cal 620 "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 1902
posted
HI, I have an Omega Cal 620.

When I got it all seemed well but then it was impossible to wind it up.

I took the crown out and it looked OK so I tried to refit it and it wound up perfect but it would not push all the way in with the usual click and it just pulls out now. It is stopped by the crown hitting the case

It seems that it is not going in far enough to engage properly so there is no way to pull out and reset the hands, as I said it just pulls straight out.

My feeling is that the stem is incorrect and needs to be a bit longer.

Do any of you very knowledgeable folks have any ideas for me please.

Many thanks, Mike

Posts: 575 | Location: Walsall in the United Kingdom | Registered: December 19, 2013
Picture of Peter Kaszubski
posted
quote:
Omega Cal 620

unscrew the stem screw by 1/4 of a turn and re-position the stem pull out and push in and tight the stem screw .

Posts: 4395 | Location: Arizona in the USA | Registered: July 23, 2011
IHC Member 1902
posted
Hi Peter, there is no stem screw it is held in by a button which just presses down to release it. To refit you have to simply push it in until it clicks into place. No way to adjust the position.

Posts: 575 | Location: Walsall in the United Kingdom | Registered: December 19, 2013
IHC Member 1613
posted
Does it have a movement ring..Sometimes if the ring is missing or you forget to put the ring back in, the movement moves just enough inside the case that the stem will not click in all the way..

Posts: 2007 | Location: Chesapeake City, Maryland in the USA | Registered: September 27, 2011
IHC Member 1902
posted
Hi Gary.

No movement ring.

The stem seems to be meeting resistance rather than clicking in. Almost as if it is actually fully in place. Might be a problem with the setting lever not engaging. ( I think that's what it's called )

Ive realised that what I thought was a stud to push down and release the stem is, in fact, a screw. That was probably why it was so hard to pull out in the first place.

I think I will try and get a new stem and see if that will fit and cure the problem

Thanks for your input.

All the best, Mike

Picture of Peter Kaszubski
posted
remove hands and dial and look from dial end and see if the setting is in right position as it might have been shift from removing the stem.

Posts: 4395 | Location: Arizona in the USA | Registered: July 23, 2011
posted
Mike

You should loosen the screw you thought of as a stud 1 turn (not more) try to fully insert the stem and tighten the screw.

omega 620

Regards
Gerald

Posts: 742 | Location: Wertheim in Germany | Registered: February 21, 2009
IHC Member 1902
posted
Thanks Gerald I will give that a try.

If I have screwed it out too far what damage will
I have done.