Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

my new watch "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
owned by yankees owner del webb

Posts: 5101 | Location: Buffalo, New York in the USA | Registered: November 11, 2009
posted
same model, same game watch, owned by joe dimaggio up for sale, 8-10,000 - google it

Posts: 5101 | Location: Buffalo, New York in the USA | Registered: November 11, 2009
posted
go yankees!!

posted
love it and it runs

Picture of Gary E. Foster
posted
Pretty sweet Andy.

Posts: 1012 | Location: Western Pennsylvania in the USA | Registered: February 17, 2007
posted
yeah, It has great potential.

IHC Vice President
Pitfalls Moderator
IHC Life Member
Picture of Edward L. Parsons, Jr.
posted
Andy,

What other provenance do you have? A sales receipt perhaps?

Best Regards,

Ed

Posts: 6696 | Location: Southwestern Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: April 19, 2004
posted
no but look at this link, the game is documented, the watch is identical to this one, sadly I do not have the box. the font on the presentation matches as well. It would be great if the movement serial numbers lined up but I do not have that info. Also, the one I will show you in the link does not have a letter etc...it is being sold by one of the greatest houses in the world and finally, this is an item that would not be faked. First of all you need a 1962 electro cron and then why do Del Webb?

here's the link....

http://www.hodinkee.com/blog/2...-clippers-elect.html

posted
and the actual auction link from an older sale of the Dimaggio watch

http://catalog.antiquorum.com/catalog_asta.html

posted
one more googled item, 1962 - del webb was the owner. It just matches up so accurately to the dimaggio one.

1962 New York Yankees season - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1962_New_York_Yankees_seasonOwner(s), Dan Topping and Del Webb ... The 1962 New York Yankees season was the 60th season for the team in ... The Yankees played at Yankee Stadium.

posted
so, IMHO it is 100% real. Del Web had no kids, no way to be 100% sure but I doubt anyone would doubt it. It is not a million dollar item so there is no attempt to deceive needed.

I am a huge student of collectables. The number one reason for fakes is supply and demand. With this one, the Yankees is a nice demand and the watch is in demand but Del Webb? no way, so, I see zero motive to fake that and I am thrilled to have it. Off to a big auction house in the big apple, that is where this baby needs to go. I hope they take it.

posted
Looks like the real McCoy. Good luck on the auction house.

Posts: 785 | Location: Tijeras, New Mexico USA | Registered: July 12, 2005
posted
I will see what happens, I sent pics to NY today, keep you posted, thanks for the well wishes.