WWT Shows CLICK TO: Join and Support Internet Horology Club 185™ IHC185™ Forums

• Check Out Our... •
• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Early automatic Glycine movement from 1931 -Eugène Meylan "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Hi,

I got an Glycine with the early automatic movement from 1931.

Bellow is information about it that I found in Glycine site.
Around 1931, he presented to the world market a well-functioning self-winding watch, entirely of his own invention, a sensational performance that, for lack of capital, could not be exploited commercially. Some of these GLYCINE Eugène Meylan SA self-winding watches can still be found in the collectors' market.

Cheers,

Paulo

Posts: 48 | Location: Near Sao Paulo, Brazil | Registered: January 06, 2010
posted
That is great! It is hard to tell: what actually turns?

Posts: 88 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: June 23, 2008
posted
i imagine that the hammer is located within the circular housing.

Posts: 39 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: June 01, 2007
posted
Looks like the winding mechanism (hammer?) is located over the balance in the second picture. I guess it just banged back and forth like the bumper wind automatics without the aid of a bumper mechanism ?

Posts: 1499 | Location: Rancho Cucamonga, California USA | Registered: December 20, 2006
posted
Paulo

Great find

The patent was deposed on oct 24th 1930

Regards,
Gerald

Posts: 742 | Location: Wertheim in Germany | Registered: February 21, 2009
posted
second one:

Posts: 742 | Location: Wertheim in Germany | Registered: February 21, 2009