WWT Shows CLICK TO: Join and Support Internet Horology Club 185™ IHC185™ Forums

• Check Out Our... •
• TWO Book Offer! •
Welcome Aboard IHC185™     Internet Horology Club 185    IHC185™ Discussion Site Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Horological Discussions, Questions and Answers  Hop To Forums  All Wristwatches Discussion Forum    16S Pocket/Wristwatch? Wear your WHOLE 16s PW Collection on your Wrist with this!
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

16S Pocket/Wristwatch? Wear your WHOLE 16s PW Collection on your Wrist with this! "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 1338
posted
Got one of these straps in for a client..

Actually works well, I put a 16S A Lincoln with a french bow in there to see how it fit and it's pretty good.

Watch just slides in from the side then stem/bow goes into cut...pretty heavy hand stitched leather
you can actually wind the watch on your wrist and it'll never get boring...any standard 16S pocket will fit nicely. What do you guys think?

Tom Dunn...
TIME MACHINE
www.myrailroadwatch.com

Posts: 3052 | Location: Ramsey, Illinois in the USA | Registered: December 15, 2008
IHC Member 1727
posted
Tom, I like the idea. Are they also available for 12 size watches?

Posts: 134 | Location: Florida in the USA | Registered: July 06, 2012
IHC Member 1338
posted
Bruce; No this size only right now.
You COULD put a 12S in there the bow would hold it in position or put a liner in there.

Tom Dunn...
TIME MACHINE
www.myrailroadwatch.com

Posts: 3052 | Location: Ramsey, Illinois in the USA | Registered: December 15, 2008
IHC Member 1727
posted
Tom, thanks for the info. Where could I find more information on this item?
Regards,
Bruce

Posts: 134 | Location: Florida in the USA | Registered: July 06, 2012
IHC Member 1338
posted
They are available on my website. Price is $79.
They are on backorder right now. Wait time is approx 1 month. Have to have payment in advance.

Tom Dunn...
TIME MACHINE
www.myrailroadwatch.com

Picture of Bruce Byrd
posted
Didn't they use something like that around the First World War?

Bruce Byrd

Posts: 888 | Location: San Diego, California USA | Registered: December 27, 2002
IHC Member 1357
posted
I have one of these,although do not have a movement in it right now.If I remember
right I had a 8 size in it.I know a 10 or 12 won't fit in mine.They are a good
rugged band and offer protection for the watch.

Roger

a

Posts: 4085 | Location: Carbon, Texas in the USA | Registered: January 24, 2010
posted
1888 photograph, showing just how early these wristlets were used.

Posts: 77 | Location: Ilkeston in England | Registered: March 22, 2013
Picture of Peter Kaszubski
posted
Here what I carry today yeah I know its an ORRS Ball in white gold case,show off thats me Eek

Posts: 4395 | Location: Arizona in the USA | Registered: July 23, 2011
IHC Member 2030
posted
That is an idea Peter. Was that holder from Prague for $74 or is there another supplier?
See 'pitfall' post.
Thanks, looks gaudy and nice. Smile

Posts: 1114 | Location: Virginia Beach, Virginia in the USA | Registered: February 08, 2015