• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

2 watches I am trying to find out about "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Hi and I am glad to join my fellow collectors .
I have 2 watches I have been trying to find out about.First one is a Duval wind up tach watch(can't get the back off of this one)it has been a real pain.It runs(when it wants)and good.Fully functional.Can't get the back off(screw off type)so under the advice of another board trying liquid wrench.I took it to a jeweler (watch repair)today and the button on the top fell off spring and button,don't know how to get it back on either.I don't think it broke just came out.but anyway who is duval and this watch?

No wthe second is a Jules Jurgensen automatic stainless.Basicly I was trying to find out how old the watch is and what kind of movement it has the movt is marked of course jules jurgensen corp. 17 jewel unadjusted swiss and 2790 and c5
it is an automatic movement .who made ther movements and what is this one.

thanks again

Posts: 6 | Location: South Florida in the USA | Registered: April 15, 2008
posted
ok I found out this afternoon about the jules watch.still researching the duval
the jules is a eta movt

Picture of Sheila Gilbert
posted
Check out this page, it looks just like yours, and may be connected to the Heuer!

http://www.atgvintagewatches.com/Watches/tabid/54/Default.aspx

Sheila

Duval

Posts: 3094 | Location: La Plata, Maryland U.S.A. | Registered: May 22, 2004
posted
Thanks sooo much Sheila you are correct it is the same exact watch except for the jeweler who tried to open mine knocked the button off (top one)
that solves most of the mystery .but he is asking 550 UK for it.
A link has apparently been found between duval,baylor and huer as he says here
"Baylor who in partnership with Heuer produced a chronometer in the 60’s called the Viscount which Heuer also applied its name to so the dial read Baylor and then below the Heuer shield was printed. This must be a product of that relationship as the case is exactly the same as a Heuer Camaro although a nicer look in my opinion."

Thanks again and keep the updates coming
James

posted
well times are tough (got laid off) so some projects like my hopes of restoring this watch had to go.Sorry to say I had to put it on ebay.And hope it gets a good home.Too bad I really liked the watch and I will tell you something else too.I looked at a heuer camaro and they are identical physicaly except it has a third dial.(interesting tie between huer,baylor and duval found there)
thanks and I appreciate all the help.
James
listed here