• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

New member wants to introduce himself "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Hello everyone. My name is Peter Levy and I just joined your (our) horology club. I am a real newbie. I just started learning watch repair so I apologize in advance for the stupid technical questions I may be asking. I live in Las Vegas and am looking forward to the show. It will be my first watch show ever. If any members are in Las Vegas and are looking for some free labor in trade for some knowledge, please let me know.

Posts: 38 | Location: Las Vegas, Nevada in the USA | Registered: November 27, 2010
IHC Member 1335
Picture of Tom Brunton
posted
Already you have the right ideas,by joining here and offering to serve there in trade for knowledge!! You're going to be a great new member is my prediction,and welcome to our friendly bunch Big Grin Wink

Posts: 1746 | Location: Aylmer, Ontario in Canada | Registered: December 15, 2009
IHC Life Member
Site Moderator

Picture of Tom Brown
posted
Let me 2nd what Tom said. I think you will like it here & as they say there are no stupid questions we have all been in your shoes. I think everyone of us here enjoys answering question, plus many of us learn from the questions asked.

Glad to have you here!

Tom

Posts: 5107 | Location: New Mexico in the USA | Registered: January 27, 2007
IHC Vice President
Pitfalls Moderator
IHC Life Member
Picture of Edward L. Parsons, Jr.
posted
Welcome aboard Peter. If your aim is to acquire knowledge in a polite, family-friendly and collegial atmosphere, IHC185 is the place to do it.

No question is stupid, that's our motto.

Best Regards,

Ed

Posts: 6696 | Location: Southwestern Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: April 19, 2004
Picture of Chris Hughes
posted
Hear hear. I think you'll find that your membership dues were worth every penny. I know that I've found 185 amazingly helpful and valuable on countless occasions since joining. Welcome!

Posts: 310 | Location: Portland, Oregon in the USA | Registered: February 07, 2010
posted
Peter U have joined a very unique place.I have found that out first hand, i have asked what I thought were silly questions but i got really amazing answers. For the money value u will not get any thing better in the net any where in the world.The members here has blessed me so much, even joy your self. If u need some a movement to work on let me know i have a few spares at No cost. Francis

Posts: 375 | Location: Brisbane in Australia | Registered: January 24, 2010
IHC Member 1101
Site Moderator
Picture of Steve Middlesworth
posted
Welcome aboard Pete.....there is a ton of information available to you here so put your brain in sponge mode and enjoy.....

Steve

Posts: 1980 | Location: Kentucky in the USA | Registered: March 18, 2008
IHC Life Member
posted
Welcome aboard from one newbie to another!
Remember, the only stupid question is the one you didn't ask.

Steve

Posts: 692 | Location: Washington in the USA | Registered: May 23, 2010
posted
Thank you everyone for the wonderful welcome. I look forward to talking and meeting you all in Las Vegas.

Posts: 38 | Location: Las Vegas, Nevada in the USA | Registered: November 27, 2010