Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Adanac watch "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Good afternoon all.
I have a small problem and I'm hoping someone here may be able to lead me in a good direction.
I recently posted about this watch in the "Military Timepieces" section, so I know that I should have started there. I have an Adanac/Gallet/Marathon wristwatch that came from an uncle in the army, to my grandfather and now to me. While researching what I have, Jim Hester, (thanks Jim!) sent me a link to the Marathon website. There, they have an area where you can send them a message and request information on cleaning and repairs. After some back and forth with emails, I was told that, "we don't have the parts and cannot guarantee if the watch can even be serviced by us properly." Very disappointing, but not terribly surprising.
So, now I'm looking for advice about what, if anything, can be done to get this pretty nice watch up and running again. They suggested Wilson Watch Works in NC, but I thought I'd pick the collective brains of all you smart folks here before checking there.
Any thoughts, comments or ideas are, as always, greatly appreciated.

Posts: 257 | Location: Worthington, Ohio in the USA | Registered: December 20, 2005
posted
Apologies. I forgot that you can only post one picture at a time. Here's the important one.
Thanks again.

Posts: 257 | Location: Worthington, Ohio in the USA | Registered: December 20, 2005
IHC Life Member
Picture of Roddy J. Brunton
posted
I can't help with your query, but Nice watch Ed.

Roddy JB

Posts: 1382 | Location: Richmond, British Columbia in Canada | Registered: January 07, 2009
posted
Thanks Roddy.
I actually heard back from the Marathon folks and I've sent it off to them to see if they can do anything with it. I'm guessing they don't get these very often because they said that they don't have high hopes that they can get it up and running again. I really hope they can because I would really love to wear it. I'll update this post either way.

Life Achievement
Military Expert
Picture of Greg Crockett
posted
I don't fix such movements, and most people will only replace the movement. Battery operated watch movements are available from various watch/jewelry supply houses. When I have been pressed to fix such a watch, by friends for whom I owe a favor, I will see what's inside and compare it with listed movements to see who made the mechanism. This company has several types available:

https://www.esslinger.com/watch-movements/

Posts: 1991 | Location: East Lansing, Michigan USA | Registered: November 24, 2002