Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Bucherer Help!!! "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member
Picture of Robert V. Jones
posted
Digging through a bunch of wristwatches I bought I found a lot of nice watches along with some I know were knock offs. My question is do these look like the real thing or knock off. I feel they are knock offs first because the movements do not look like the normal like I remember although I havent had to many of this brand. THe other red flag is the high jewel count where they put jewels in ridiculous places to get the jewel count up. I do not feel like they are the real thing but I would hate to throw a authentic watch into a bulk lot of junk watches.

Posts: 3468 | Location: Cleveland, Georgia in the U.S.A. | Registered: February 03, 2006
IHC Life Member
posted
Movement of the first

Posts: 3468 | Location: Cleveland, Georgia in the U.S.A. | Registered: February 03, 2006
IHC Life Member
posted
2nd watch

IHC Life Member
posted
2nd movement

posted
Robert- Do these watches run at all And are you looking to sell them ? I'm asking because my name is spelled BOUCHER but i am told that some of my ancesters in the old country had names with that spelling. Bill

Posts: 43 | Location: Baconton, Georgia in the USA | Registered: March 31, 2011
IHC Life Member
posted
Bill no neither of these run but the balances appear ok so someone could probably service them to get them going. Although I do not know if these are the real deal and would be worth even spending the money to have them cleaned. I do have an authentic Bucherer somewhere in my wristwatches I would sell if you are interested. If you are even interested in these shoot me an email.

posted
Robert- if you decide to sell the non running ones, email me a price. i think i would like to tinker with them. also e-mail me a photo and price on the authentic bucherer- thanks - Bill

boucher_bill@hotmail.com

Also I am located just down the road in albany Ga.

posted
Bucherer (pronounced boo-ker-ur, like Bucharest) didn't actually make watches. They sourced them from different manufacturers with the Bucherer dials, cases, rotors, etc.
These look fine to me, I'd have them serviced.

Posts: 88 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: June 23, 2008
IHC Life Member
posted
Thanks for the info Scott much appreciated but I already sent them to Bill.

IHC Member 1291
Picture of Buster Beck
posted
The "extra" jewels are for show & tell on the Bucherer's and a lot of other watches. It was like a competition to see how many jewels one could put in a watch, with some companies having up to 100 jewels !!

Here is a link to click on.

Scroll down and you will find a 65 and 41 J Bucherer in 18K and 14K, a brief description and what they sold for a few years back.

regards,
bb

Posts: 6376 | Location: Texas in the USA | Registered: July 27, 2009
IHC Life Member
posted
Thanks for all the comments Bill could you please let me know if you received the watches and you are happy with the price.

posted
Robert - Yes I did receive the watches . I am still tinkering with them. The gold colored one will run for a short time tnen stop. When I get it running again it will last a little longer. It now runs for two hours before stopping. As far as keeping time, well i will have to keep it running longer to check the accuratcy. I have not touched the dark faced one so it is still dead in the water. I may have to send them off to be serviced properly as I am not familiar at all wth the movements. These are weird watches as they have jeweles in locations that don't make sense., still contemplating that other working bucherer you have if these two watches turn out to be replicas. I will keep you informed on what turns up on these two watches - Bill