• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Forum Appreciation Wristwatch Quiz "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
As a thank you for use of the forum, I'll give a free NOS 18mm Kreisler black shark watch strap (shipping included) to the SECOND person to post the answer to this question:

What watch company made the "Piping Rock" wristwatch?

The 2nd person to post the reply here will receive the watchband free of charge. Thanks, and have fun, Scott Allison

Posts: 88 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: June 23, 2008
IHC Life Member
Site Moderator

Picture of Tom Brown
posted
Well can I answer twice so I am both the 1st & second? Oh well I will answer so the next person can.

Hamilton made it.
Tom

Posts: 5107 | Location: New Mexico in the USA | Registered: January 27, 2007
IHC Life Member

Picture of Jerry King
posted
Boy, I'm going to take a guess.... Hamilton made it...! These were made during their Art Deco period...

Jerry

Posts: 2828 | Location: California in the USA | Registered: June 23, 2008
posted
Congrats Jerry King! I'll need your address to send the band. It will go out today.

Thank you to everyone, and I hope you all have a great week!

Scott Allison
vintagewatchbands@timesofplenty.com

Posts: 88 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: June 23, 2008
IHC Life Member
Site Moderator

Picture of Tom Brown
posted
Boy I sure felt dumb playing the part of contestant #1. Could I buy a vowels.

Tom

IHC Life Member

Picture of Jerry King
posted
Hello Scott,

Forgot me already, huh? Confused

It's:
Jerry King
6196 Garfield St.
Chino, CA. 91710

Tom, I know how you feel....but hang in there Buddy.... Frown

Actually these kind in threads are really fun and can increase awareness of the watch industry of the past. Roll Eyes Big Grin

Thanks for doing this, Scott.
Smile
Jerry

IHC Life Member
Site Moderator

Picture of Tom Brown
posted
Jerry

No problem, I enjoyed it, this is the 1st on-line contest I ever played in. Next time I will be caller #2.

Tom

posted
Tom:

I'll be doing this again, sorry you didn't get it this time. I thought it would be more interesting to hve #2 get it than #1, next time I'll make it a different #.

Jerry:

Still need your address, mailman has come and gone today, so it will go out tomorrow.

thanks!

Scott

posted
argh!

Got the address, Jerry, package is ready to go out with tomorrow's mail.

thanks again!

IHC Life Member

Picture of Jerry King
posted
Received the Shark band, great looking....

Thanks Scott,

Jerry

posted
Excellent, glad you like it. There will probably be another "quiz" this week sometime.

I hope everyone is well,

posted
According to Cooksy Shugart the "Piping Rock" was made in 1928 and 1948. What I don't understand is why Shugart gives the 1948 white gold "piping Rock" three stars and none for the yellow gold version? I would say the yellow version should at least rate a star for collectability.

Posts: 785 | Location: Tijeras, New Mexico USA | Registered: July 12, 2005