• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Restoring radium hands "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
I tried searching and couldn't find any info,so I'll just ask. I just bought a nice Illinois wristwatch,and it has wide hands that used to glow in the dark,but now they are just hollow(all the glow material is gone). How can I fill in the space. It doesn't matter if they glow,I just want to be able to see them better.

Posts: 475 | Location: Gainesville, Florida in the USA | Registered: January 22, 2009
posted
you might try contacting International Dial.

internationaldialco.com

Posts: 292 | Location: Vancouver, Washington, USA | Registered: May 19, 2005
posted
Thanks Mike,but on their website it reads that dial refinishing is all they do.

Posts: 475 | Location: Gainesville, Florida in the USA | Registered: January 22, 2009
IHC Member 1101
Site Moderator
Picture of Steve Middlesworth
posted
They have done hands for me....

Posts: 1980 | Location: Kentucky in the USA | Registered: March 18, 2008
IHC Member 1550
posted
Hello, my watchmaker does all sorts of repairs, dial refinishing and hands as well. He repaired a hand for my 1967 Zodiac Seawolf and completley matched the missing section to the old section that still remained. His buisness is called "Pauls Watch and Clock Repair" and his name is Raimond. He works with his father (Paul) with 3 generations of watch repair and knowledge behind him. He is excellent. The best watch repairman I have ever had. Turn around time for a cleaning,repair and refinishing is 2-4 weeks. He is quite good. He is always willing to talk to anyone and is always very helpful and professional. 1-916-483-0207

Posts: 495 | Location: Southcoast Massachusetts | Registered: May 13, 2010
posted
Thanks guys, I'll call both places on Monday,and maybe send the dial and hands in to be refinished.

posted
International Dial has done hands for me also -- with and without dials.

Rick

Posts: 141 | Location: Michigan in the USA | Registered: October 13, 2005