Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Fun Watches! "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Stephanie O'Neil
posted
Andy,
Like your collection of cool fun watches. Smile Thanks for sharing them with us.

Dr. Debbie,
Your Goofy watch is always lots of fun! Thanks!

Sheila,
You may want to start a new thread regarding watch/lighters and list your find there. There may be members who collect and may want to share their collection with us. Would be good idea! Nice find!

Andy,
I just had to have one after I read about your blue Timex watches on my original fun thread.
Sooo, went on a search and yes, I located both versions. The ladies version is different in that the crystal is raised and of course smaller. These watches were made by Pakter/Krauss for Timex in 1969. For anyone who does not know, there is a rotating disc in the place of a second hand that changes varying degrees of blue. REALLY COOL See what you started Andy? Big Grin

Take a look! Roll Eyes

Stephanie O'Neil

Posts: 1419 | Location: New Orleans, Louisiana USA | Registered: April 01, 2003
posted
Another view!

posted
Back of larger one.

Other fun watches to share with us?

Stephanie O'Neil

posted
Hey everyone, wouldn't you say it's time for a FUN WATCH!

posted
A corky and fun watch!

c. 1960s, Sutton, swiss made, with its washers, wheels and all! Smile Works too!

Stephanie O'Neil

posted
Have a fun watch or two to share with us? Jump right in at any time and participate folks! Smile

Stephanie O'Neil

Picture of Jim Rogers
posted
Heres one, not mine but fun Big Grin

Posts: 151 | Location: Atkinson, New Hampshire U.S.A. | Registered: October 17, 2004
Picture of Andy Krietzer
posted
Stephanie,
I am just now seeing your message from September 30. The two blue dial Timex watches I have are different sizes. So they must have made them in three sizes (at least). The two I have are close to the same size, so maybe I have the large and mid size, you have the large and small.

Andy

Posts: 1190 | Location: Indiana in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 25, 2002
posted
Jim R.
Big Grin

Hi Andy,
Interesting! Would you measure your "medium" blue dial case and give measurements in millimeters please? I smell another quest! Smile FYI -The crystal on my "small" blue dial timex is quite different from my "large" in that the crystal is noticably raised.

Stephanie O'Neil

IHC Member 234
Picture of Jim Cope
posted
...a mechanical watch that is Newfoundland's (our 10th Province) answer to the Swiss Rolex called the 'Newfex'...there (in NFLD), I'm told, living is so laidback that time is often seen to stand still and often reverse...Smile...my apologies to anyone with Nfld roots who might take offense; none intended...

Jim
IHC#234

Posts: 872 | Location: Kingsville, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 16, 2003
Picture of Andy Krietzer
posted
Jim,
Looks like a watch dial from Australia, down under.

Andy

posted
Enclosed is a copy of my very expensive watch used only for black tie occasions. It's my very rare Shrek watch that I got inside a box of Cheerios cereal. I probably paid dearly with extra calories consumed.

Picture of Jack Davis
posted
Elvis has entered the building! This was issued by the Post Office when they issued the Elvis stamp in 1992.

Jack

Posts: 208 | Location: Elgin, Illinois USA | Registered: November 30, 2002
Picture of Andy Krietzer
posted
Stephanie,

Just now getting the measurements of the two Timex blue dial watches. Tell me if one of these is the same size as your largest one. I also wonder if they were made in other colors? These are as close a measure as I could get. There is not a big difference in them as you can see. The crystal style is the same on both of mine. One needs to be replaced.

Large:
back cover 31mm dia., band 18mm between lugs, overall length 40mm, crystal 30 mm dia.

Mid-size:
back cover 30mm dia., band 16mm between lugs, overall length 37mm, crystal 27 mm dia.

Check out this website!

Pakter Krauss

Now I want one of those!

Also, here is the Patent information.

Andy Smile

posted
Hi Jim Cope,
Newfex, hmmmm. Never heard of that one. Thanks

Tom H.,
You may need security when you wear that one! Big Grin
Thanx

Jack Davis,
Cool watch. A friend gave me a vintage(1978) Elvis w/w as a gift. When I get a chance, I'll take a pic and post here. Stay tuned.

Hi Andy,

One quest for those blue pakter/krauss Timex watches lead me to another as I discovered Colorflix and their website. I now have both versions in my collection.

Cool watches! I love them. Take a look!

Stephanie O'Neil

posted
Picture of backs

Others with fun watches to share?

Stephanie O'Neil

posted
Jack Davis and company,
As promised!

ELVIS is in the h o u s e !!
Windup
Boxcar Enterprises 1977, by Unique Time Company

posted
Oh Yeah!

Picture of Jim Rogers
posted
Tom,
I was looking at the pic on your Ronald watch. I thought I reco the one on the right, or at least I thought I did. Looks just like a girl I used to date who lived just outside the maingate of Ft Benning, or was that Ft Knox or was that .......LOL

Posts: 151 | Location: Atkinson, New Hampshire U.S.A. | Registered: October 17, 2004
posted
Jim, To my aging memory, the girls in the "ville" outside of each main gate all looked alike.

Tom

Picture of Tom Seymour
posted
Here is a watch I had forgotten about, until the Lego clock thread started in the clock section.

This is the amazing Lego Watch Systems star finder clock.

There is a star map on the box, and one on paper in the box. NOTICE that the Lego Star is very close to Polaris. So that must mean that this watch is very similar to that Polaris thing Lindell likes so much. Big Grin

Tom

Posts: 2537 | Location: Mount Angel, Oregon in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 19, 2002
Picture of Tom Seymour
posted
Extra bands and parts to design a band. And, of course, the ever useful star finder.

Tom

Posts: 2537 | Location: Mount Angel, Oregon in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 19, 2002