Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Omega De Ville freshly oiled "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member
Certified Watchmaker
Picture of Chris Abell
posted
Just thought I would share this with you, just got bunch of watches forma watchmakers store, found this great Omega De Ville, servicing it today, the movement is in like new condition as they carefully packed it in oil to preserve it like tin of tuna. it was like this all the way through I had to mop out pools of oil & grease.

Posts: 2625 | Location: Northeast Texas in the USA | Registered: November 20, 2003
IHC Member 163
Picture of Mark Cross
posted
I guess you took out side to the pressure washer, right? Wink

Regard! Mark

Posts: 3831 | Location: Estill Springs, Tennessee, USA | Registered: December 02, 2002
Picture of Peter Kaszubski
posted
I bet ya there is no rust on movement,
and you must have a less them a half a brain to do that.

Posts: 4395 | Location: Arizona in the USA | Registered: July 23, 2011
IHC Life Member
Certified Watchmaker
Picture of Chris Abell
posted
The good news is that the oil didn't soften the paint on dial or disk, it all cleaned up well will post a few photo later movement is like new.

Posts: 2625 | Location: Northeast Texas in the USA | Registered: November 20, 2003
IHC Member 163
Picture of Mark Cross
posted
Looking forward to seeing the final results, Chris.

Regards! Mark

Posts: 3831 | Location: Estill Springs, Tennessee, USA | Registered: December 02, 2002
IHC Life Member
Certified Watchmaker
Picture of Chris Abell
posted
Hi Mark,

Maybe we are missing something and should preserve the watches we not using in oil Big Grin came back like new running great.

IHC Life Member
Certified Watchmaker
Picture of Chris Abell
posted

IHC Life Member
Certified Watchmaker
Picture of Chris Abell
posted

IHC Life Member
Certified Watchmaker
Picture of Chris Abell
posted

IHC Member 163
Picture of Mark Cross
posted
Once again a BEAUTIFUL result! VERY nice looking Omega!

Looks good on my wrist, by the way. Smile

HIGH regards! Mark

posted
Wow, that does look brand new! Looks like it runs great too.

Posts: 328 | Location: Plattsburgh, New York in the USA | Registered: December 17, 2012
IHC Life Member
Picture of William D. White
posted
Chris,

That looks great! Thankfully it was perfectly preserved in miracle oil!

William

Posts: 1568 | Location: San Francisco, California USA | Registered: September 01, 2008
IHC Member 1291
Picture of Buster Beck
posted
Very nice Chris !! Firearms have long been preserved in oil based products in our Country's US Arsenals etc, and done so beautifully. Even auto engines are sometimes preserved with oil for 40-50 years of storage !!

regards,
bb

Posts: 6376 | Location: Texas in the USA | Registered: July 27, 2009
Administrative Assistant
Picture of Dr. Debbie Irvine
posted

Thanks Chris!

Beautiful watch Smile

Posts: 5201 | Location: Northern Ohio in the U.S.A. | Registered: December 04, 2002