Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

My "New" Omega "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Happy New Year All!

I've been seriously collecting vintage watches for about 10 years now. My first vintage watch, a 1938 Hamilton, was given to me by my high school sweetheart's dad. She's moved on, but I still wear my Hamilton 38 years later. This Christmas I made the big step by getting my first Omega, a 1956 automatic Seamaster calendar with cal. 503 movement. I thought I'd share it with you.

Omega Seamaster c. 1956

Posts: 4 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: December 02, 2009
Administrative Assistant
Picture of Dr. Debbie Irvine
posted

Rob,

Nice watch, thanks for sharing it with us!

Smile

Posts: 5200 | Location: Northern Ohio in the U.S.A. | Registered: December 04, 2002
posted
Nice, nice watch- you can't go wrong getting into Omegas- but educate yourself and go for the best condition you can find. The cost of parts (both movement and especially case parts) is really getting high.Also a lot of collectors are going after these. Demand is high and I think values will hold although some prices seem to be coming down. Omega and Certina are my favorite Swiss brands.(Excepting recent ETA movement stuff).

Posts: 653 | Location: St Paul, Minnesota in the USA | Registered: May 04, 2004
IHC Member 376
Watchmaker
Picture of Samie L. Smith
posted
Rob nice watch as has already been said you can,t go wrong with the omegas..I think you will find them too be very good time keepers.
Smile Smile

Posts: 3208 | Location: Monticello, Kentucky U.S.A. | Registered: June 24, 2004