Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

looking for Bulova "Air Warden" "Click" to Login or Register 
Wristwatch Expert

posted
I have a customer, 81 years old, who served in WWII and bought himself a Bulova "Air Warden" model in 1942. He lost it years ago and is looking to replace it. Does anyone have any old Bulova catalogs from the era showing the "Air Warden"? He would like a picture of one so he knows what to look for at watch shows and so forth. If anyone can post a picture of the watch, or image from a catalog, I will print it out and snail mail it to the customer (he does not have computer access). It was a round watch with a black dial and luminous Arabic numbers. He thinks it had a sub second, but is not sure (might be center seconds). Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Bruce

Posts: 84 | Location: Evansville, Wisconsin USA | Registered: April 30, 2005
posted
Hi Bruce,

Just happened to see this auction on eBay earlier today, then checked your post. Hope the image is enough to help.

In case you want the original, the eBay link is: Bulova brochure

Hope this helps,

Cary

Posts: 267 | Location: Huntsville, Alabama USA | Registered: December 12, 2005
Wristwatch Expert

posted
Wow! What a great coincidence. Thank you so much. I have purchased on these postcards from this guy. My customer will be very happy.

Bruce

Posts: 84 | Location: Evansville, Wisconsin USA | Registered: April 30, 2005