Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

AAAAARRRRGGGGG "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Sheila Gilbert
posted
OK, so it may not be a Million Dollar Watch, and may not even be considered a collection Item, but I liked it and MISSED IT!!!!

I had so many watches going, I chickened out! but I did get an Elgin with a 14K SG Pansy Case in it's place.

I do like this one though...........

What do you think?

Sheila

Goofy100

Posts: 3094 | Location: La Plata, Maryland U.S.A. | Registered: May 22, 2004
posted

Sheila

Goofy200

posted
And it didn't even go for that much....

Like I said... AAARRRGGG............

Sheila

Goofy300

posted
Sheila,

Very cool watch! Wish I would have seen it. I love golfing and have been collecting character watches for 15 years! Mostly the older ones, but with some of the new ones I just cant help myself Smile

Adam

Posts: 311 | Location: Near Youngstown, Ohio USA | Registered: January 11, 2006
Picture of Jerry Treiman
posted
I think that would have been a great watch. I have a special fondness for Goofy and I like the styling.

Posts: 1455 | Location: Los Angeles, California USA | Registered: January 14, 2003
Picture of Matthew E. Sutton
posted
I think you did very well with this one. Not too many goofy golfer watches out there. In fact, the first I have seen...nice, and in Roman numerals!

Posts: 495 | Location: Kailua, Hawaii in the USA | Registered: March 14, 2005
posted
Matthew,
I missed the auction! I didn't get this one and it made me aaaarrrrgggg..........lololol

I sure would have liked to have this one, oh well, maybe next time.

I thought it looked nicer than most I have seen.
Love the style.

Sheila

posted
Well, at least you have captured the image...don't have to wind it, service it, etc. Wink

posted
Mat,
Yep, and I could even cut the picture out and tape it to my arm. No maintenance at all. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Wink

Sheila

posted
And the time would be correct, to the second, twice per day. Do you know if they had a watch for each Walt Disney charactor? They also sell cartoon charactor watches at the museum. You may be interested in the Walt Disney web site store...more Goofy watches and more.

http://disneyshopping.go.com/DSSectionPage.process?Merc...d=2&Section_Id=14546

posted
This is off-topic but, if there is ever an award for best topic title, this one has my vote!
-Cort

Posts: 536 | Location: El Cerrito, California U.S.A. | Registered: October 04, 2004
IHC President
Life Member
Picture of Lindell V. Riddle
posted

Sheila, you're great!

You summed up how it feels to miss one you really wanted.

Much better than the... "Oh, ****!" ...that I tend to utter at such times.

Lindell

Wink

Posts: 10553 | Location: Northeastern Ohio in the USA | Registered: November 19, 2002
IHC Member 163
Picture of Mark Cross
posted
Oh, I thought I was the only one who uttered that after a missed auction, Lindell! Eek Wink

High regards! Mark

Posts: 3831 | Location: Estill Springs, Tennessee, USA | Registered: December 02, 2002
posted
Don't let me fool anyone, I use the
"Oh ****" all the time, I was just being polite because this is one of the "Open to the Public" areas lolololol

I can't take any credit for the topic, I saw it somewhere else and liked it and thought of it when I started these posts.

Thank you for the link to the Disney stuff, I don't usually go there, but since my grandsons have taken a new interest in some Disney Pins or something, I'll be able to use the site to look around.

Sheila

posted
Sheila, There are some fantastic charactor watches spotted on ebay this morning. The seller is TAMTAM_98. There is Cinderella, Anne Oakley, Micky Mouse, and some others. They look like they are in excellent shape too.