• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Elgin "0" size 19 Jewel w/Montgomery Dial "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
I had the case and dial for many years waiting for a the right movement to put in it. Some time back I bought a nice 19 Jewel Elgin "0" size movement from a fellow chapter 185 member (sorry, forgot his name). Cleaned and serviced the movement with a new mainspring this week and finally got to install my perfect montgomery dial on to it. Running strong and looks good on my wrist.

Posts: 784 | Location: Tijeras, New Mexico USA | Registered: July 12, 2005
posted
The movement

posted
Another scan

posted
Ernest,
That's a very attractive watch. I once did a similar job with an uncased OS Waltham Riverside Maximus (diamond endstones too). It came with the Montgomery dial so all I had to do was wait for a near mint G.F. cushion case. I'd buy that watch back in a minute if I could but, he ain't sellin'!
-Cort

Posts: 536 | Location: El Cerrito, California U.S.A. | Registered: October 04, 2004
IHC Life Member
Wristwatch Host
Picture of Tony Dukes
posted
Wow/////Now that is a keeper--a beauty Smile

Posts: 1953 | Location: Atlanta, Georgia in the U.S.A. | Registered: August 01, 2003
posted
Thanks fellows. I wish I could have found a gf cushion case to go along with this project, but they are hard to find in very good condition as you well know.

IHC Life Member
posted
A beautiful dial and movement in a real neat case.

I have the same case - possibly it was a popular conversion case - I have had Waltham, Elgin and now Hamilton 0-size movements in - anyone got another ?

dan.

0-size case

Posts: 423 | Location: West Walton, United Kingdom | Registered: November 16, 2005
IHC Life Member
posted
And this one just turned up on eBay --- movement number 1253629.

Posts: 423 | Location: West Walton, United Kingdom | Registered: November 16, 2005
IHC Member 163
Picture of Mark Cross
posted
Beautiful Elgin, my friend!

Not to be nit picky, but isn't it considered a montgomery dial when it has the '6' printed in the seconds bit? I thought your dial was called a 'marginal minute' dial.Confused

HIGH regards! Mark

Posts: 3831 | Location: Estill Springs, Tennessee, USA | Registered: December 02, 2002
posted
Good question Mark. I guess I don't have an answer, but I am sure others could chime in on this question.