• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Comments on this NFL Hamilton Watch "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
I'm very curious what the forum thinks about the quality of this vintage Hamilton from the 1940s that works great. Does anyone know the model name or number of this watch from looking at it? It seems to have held up very well now 60 years later. It also has historical importance as it was presented to the quarterback of the 1948 NFL Western Champion Chicago Cardinals, Paul Christman, for being a part of the 1948 Championship football team. It is inscribed Chicago Cardinals NFL Western Champions 1948 Paul Christman. Paul Christman was a two time All-Pro selection and later a color commentator in the First Super Bowl in 1967 along side Curt Gowdy. The watch is shown in the photos below along with his Christman's 1948 book "Tricks In Passing." This item came originally from the estate of Paul Christman and was purchased in a Huggins & Scott auction before acquired by this owner. You can see the photos of this watch at:
NFL Hamilton Watch

Thanks for your comments about this Hamilton!

John F. Murray

Posts: 48 | Location: Palm Beach, Florida in the USA | Registered: April 28, 2008
IHC Life Member
Wristwatch Host
Picture of Tony Dukes
posted
John,
Great watch and info. Your watch is a Hamilton Myron and this watch first appeared in the 1941 Hamilton catalog.
Tony

Posts: 1953 | Location: Atlanta, Georgia in the U.S.A. | Registered: August 01, 2003
posted
John,
here's another link to information about Paul Christman.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Christman

Dave Freeman
IHC Member 321

Posts: 976 | Location: Texas in the U.S.A. | Registered: January 27, 2004
posted
How on earth can families let these treasure go?

Posts: 292 | Location: Vancouver, Washington, USA | Registered: May 19, 2005
posted
so true ... amazing that a watch this nice finds hands elsewhere ... I've been offered $2K for this watch and turned it down because I like this one so much and think it has true historical value as an NFL champion and Super Bowl broadcasters' inscribed prize ... like a championship ring in my mind .. oh well ... someone has to enjoy it. RIP Paul Christman and thanks for a great watch!

John F. Murray

Posts: 48 | Location: Palm Beach, Florida in the USA | Registered: April 28, 2008