Watch & Inner box & Outer box & Paperwork "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC President
Life Member
Picture of Lindell V. Riddle
posted

Takes my breath away Bill.

So tell us the whole story of this one!

Cool

Posts: 10553 | Location: Northeastern Ohio in the USA | Registered: November 19, 2002
IHC Life Member
posted
But you are missing the price sticker off the back of the watch !! Tragedy :-)
It should look similar to the Pacer version below ---

Dan

Example of Price Sticker

Posts: 423 | Location: West Walton, United Kingdom | Registered: November 16, 2005
posted
Not a Hamilton, but one of my favorite Walthams. I cannot verify that the box is 100% original, but I purchased it off of the original owner and he said it was the box that came with it. Has Inner box, outer box, guarantee as well as original Waltham Band, buckle, & crown, so I had no reason to argue. It is one of the nicest I have seen with no cracking on the mother of pearl dial and VERY VERY minimal wear on the case. The Mason which owned it said he only wore it to meetings.

Posts: 311 | Location: Near Youngstown, Ohio USA | Registered: January 11, 2006
posted
Box

Wristwatch Expert
IHC Life Member
Picture of William J. Hansen, Ph.D.
posted
Lindell,

The NIB ventura came from a Jeweler in NE Ohio. He died in 1961, and although most of the inventory was sold off, all that remained was boxed up and stored. About 10 years ago a grandson cleaned out the basement and unearthed this amazing item.

It is now on the market, looking for a new home.

If anyone is interested, please contact me at

psychiatrichelp@cinci.rr.com

Bill Hansen
IHC# 198
Life Member# 17

Posts: 813 | Location: Cincinnati, Ohio USA | Registered: January 22, 2003
posted
Here is a nice Hamilton/Illinois Automatic power reserve. This is the first plastic Hamilton/Illinois box that I had a chance to get. Anyone know much about these? They dont seem to be very common. Anyway, watch came with outer box, inner box, original receipt, guarantee and instructions. I blacked out the original owners info.

Adam

posted
Inner Box

posted
Open

posted
Paperwork

IHC Life Member
posted
In the 1960's Hamilton used a foam filling for the cushion which held their watches inside the display boxes - unfortunately the foam deteriorated over time with the result below ---

Dan

Cushion

Posts: 423 | Location: West Walton, United Kingdom | Registered: November 16, 2005