Internet Horology Club 185
original equipment

This topic can be found at:
https://ihc185.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9886009961/m/4703931667

September 22, 2011, 09:25
Dana Fuller
original equipment
It seems that finding a vintage watch complete with its original bracelet is desirable for collectors. I have several Bulova Oceanographers but only one (possible) original bracelet. How do you determine what they originally came with?

Thanks,

Dana
September 30, 2011, 16:07
Wayne Hanley
Great Question Dana

After reading your request it spurred my interest & I decided to check my Bulova Oceanographer picture file. The only picture I have showing an Oceanographer with a box just happens to be bogus. Notice the box is labeled Bulova Excellency Collection. I think we both know the Oceanographer was not included in the Excellency Collection according to Bulova ads for that Group.

Of the other Oceanographer pics in my files some show matching metal bracelets, but most are equipped with sporty type leather bands.

October 05, 2011, 09:45
Dana Fuller
Thanks, Wayne. I assumed they all came with metal bracelets but I'm pretty much settling with leather replacements.

Dana
October 06, 2011, 18:49
Jerry King
Dana & Wayne, there is a website that you may wish to look at which has a number of the Oceanographer models with many different types of bands....

Here is the site, Bulova Wristwatches....

Hope it helps with your question....

Regards,

Jerry