Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

original equipment "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 1063
posted
It seems that finding a vintage watch complete with its original bracelet is desirable for collectors. I have several Bulova Oceanographers but only one (possible) original bracelet. How do you determine what they originally came with?

Thanks,

Dana

Posts: 242 | Location: Massachusetts in the USA | Registered: February 07, 2008
Picture of Wayne Hanley
posted
Great Question Dana

After reading your request it spurred my interest & I decided to check my Bulova Oceanographer picture file. The only picture I have showing an Oceanographer with a box just happens to be bogus. Notice the box is labeled Bulova Excellency Collection. I think we both know the Oceanographer was not included in the Excellency Collection according to Bulova ads for that Group.

Of the other Oceanographer pics in my files some show matching metal bracelets, but most are equipped with sporty type leather bands.

Posts: 370 | Location: Northern California in the USA | Registered: November 10, 2007
IHC Member 1063
posted
Thanks, Wayne. I assumed they all came with metal bracelets but I'm pretty much settling with leather replacements.

Dana

Posts: 242 | Location: Massachusetts in the USA | Registered: February 07, 2008
IHC Life Member

Picture of Jerry King
posted
Dana & Wayne, there is a website that you may wish to look at which has a number of the Oceanographer models with many different types of bands....

Here is the site, Bulova Wristwatches....

Hope it helps with your question....

Regards,

Jerry

Posts: 2828 | Location: California in the USA | Registered: June 23, 2008