Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Hamilton Electric RR52 "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 234
Picture of Jim Cope
posted
...I have for some time wanted a Hamilton Electric 505...missed one awhile back that Lindell offered...had heard/read that they were very unreliable timekeepers and had a tendancy to "self-destruct"...well in spite of these reports, I wanted one if only to connect the dots on Hamilton's history of being the first to introduce an 'electric'...well here 'tis and I'm proud to say that in 24 hours it only lost 12 seconds vs the NIST timecheck...needless to say after that I pulled the crown and hung it up to admire it...Smile

Jim
IHC#234

Posts: 872 | Location: Kingsville, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 16, 2003
posted
Nice watch!

And 12 seconds a day..well, that migh tnot be tolerated from a "regular wristwatch" but 12 seconds a day for Hamilton electric is SUPERIOR!

Comgratulations a very clean and super looking watch!

Posts: 764 | Location: Saint Petersburg, Florida USA | Registered: June 26, 2003
IHC Member 234
Picture of Jim Cope
posted
...thanks Jeff...it's a big'un...it measures over 35mm across...fortunately I have a big wrist...I hadn't realized that it was so wide...I had pictured it somewhat akin to my military Ham mechanicals in size...I'm very pleased with it and to have it in the collection...

Jim
IHC#234

Posts: 872 | Location: Kingsville, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 16, 2003