Tools
Reply to Post

Ball Trainmaster Wristwatches? "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC President
Life Member
Picture of Lindell V. Riddle
posted

Hi Jerry,

I do not have any extras, but closely comparing your hands with the others shown if it were my watch I would probably want a "proper" matched set. The fact your hour hand and sweep-second hands do not match what we find on known to be correct examples is really all I can say, but you knew that. Smile

My bet is the preferred hands are around.

Lindell

Wink

Posts: 10553 | Location: Northeastern Ohio in the USA | Registered: November 19, 2002
Picture of Donald E. Jones
posted
Yesterday, I noticed that my conductor was wearing a stainless Trainmaster, with a Texas & Pacific decal affixed to the dial. Naturally, I commented, and complimented him on his timepiece choice. As expected, he had bought it many years ago, and had recently started wearing it again.

D. E. Jones

Posts: 73 | Location: Sulphur Springs, Texas USA | Registered: June 29, 2006
Picture of Joseph W. Robinson
posted
Just seen this topic pop up and thought I put my 2-cents worth in. I just sent my Trainmaster to Sammie for a COA and some repairs. I picked it up in February in rough condition. Missing its crown and stem.

I think it's the 21J manual wind, but can't say for sure until I get it back. It's gold filled including the back case cover.

Joe

Posts: 150 | Location: Milan, Tennessee USA | Registered: December 20, 2005
IHC Member 163
Picture of Mark Cross
posted
Just to add to an old post, I have since been able to acquire one of the 21j Trainmasters with 24 hour dial and stainless steel case, and am wearing it 'as we speak'. EXTREMELY accurate, and a joy to wear. Big Grin

Another item to take off my bucket list.

Oh, just a side question....these are standard glass crystals on these watches, right?

I know mineral crystals didn't come out until WAY after the Trainmaster left the scene, but one wonders if these crystals were tougher than the standard issue type due to what they were created to be used for.....railroad work.

Regards !Mark

Posts: 3831 | Location: Estill Springs, Tennessee, USA | Registered: December 02, 2002
Picture of Dave Turner
posted
Let's see a picture of it Mark.

Dave Turner

Posts: 1979 | Location: Wilson, North Carolina in the USA | Registered: November 15, 2011