Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Omega Constellation "f-300Hz" "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC President
Life Member
Picture of Lindell V. Riddle
posted
As a fan both of Omega watches and of the Bulova Accutron the intriguing watch you see below was a natural for my collection. If I understand correctly Omega licensed the Accutron technology in order to develop this watch. It sets and seems to operate in the same manner as the Accutron.

Can anyone fill us in on more facts about this one? When exactly were they made and in what kind of numbers? How do they differ from the Accutrons and how are they the same?

Omega Constellation Chronometer "Electronic f-300-Hz" an accurate timekeeper...

Posts: 10553 | Location: Northeastern Ohio in the USA | Registered: November 19, 2002
posted
Lindell,

I can tell you this....as cool as they are ...do NOT buy one if they do not work.

Jeff

Posts: 764 | Location: Saint Petersburg, Florida USA | Registered: June 26, 2003
IHC President
Life Member
Picture of Lindell V. Riddle
posted
Thanks Jeff,

I'm with you, I have little time for projects. This one paces the "Atomic Clock" amazingly well. My first Accutron came my way in 1967 and it's still humming along. Since I wanted more specific details on the Omega version I went digging on the internet...

The Accutron Watch Page is not only fascinating reading but a veritable storehouse of knowledge. I recommend it to anyone with an interest in Accutron and related watches, or for that matter a curiosity about how timekeeping has evolved in the last few decades. By all means check this out...

http://members.iinet.net.au/~fotoplot/acc.htm

I now understand a lot more about this interesting Omega. The fact it is considered "the Rolls-Royce of tuning fork watches" certainly justifies my purchase. That is a web address I'll put in my favorites and in our "Technical Library and Site Links" as it is one of the greatest resources going. I'll be visiting it often!

We really do learn something new every day,

Lindell

Wink

Posts: 10553 | Location: Northeastern Ohio in the USA | Registered: November 19, 2002