Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Movement Unmarked Help!!!! "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member
Picture of Robert V. Jones
posted
Does anyone know who the maker of this movement might be. It is in a heavy 18K gold case with band attached surrounded by 2 dozen nice diamonds. So the watch is no cheapy but no name except marked swiss on the dial.

Posts: 3468 | Location: Cleveland, Georgia in the U.S.A. | Registered: February 03, 2006
posted
Rob,

That's a Font 59 movement. It was used for about 40 years in all sorts of ladies baguette watches, including some Tiffany watches I've seen. I've got them marked Glycine, Rado, Wakmann, Bucherer, Nivada and unmarked ones.

Regards,

Cary

Posts: 267 | Location: Huntsville, Alabama USA | Registered: December 12, 2005
IHC Life Member
Picture of Robert V. Jones
posted
Thanks Cary Wink

Posts: 3468 | Location: Cleveland, Georgia in the U.S.A. | Registered: February 03, 2006
posted
I've seen the Font 59 signed Ebel and Concord and many other names too but, I've never seen one as blank as the one pictured above. Perhaps it's a generic after-market relacement? I believe I have a couple of N.O.S. ones. I am curious to see if they at least have the import code letters.
-Cort

Posts: 536 | Location: El Cerrito, California U.S.A. | Registered: October 04, 2004
posted
Font is short for Fabrique d'Horlogerie de Fontainemelon S.A, a maker of Ebauche movements dating back to 1793. Through a series of mergers it became part of Ebauches SA and now part of ETA, which is part of the Swatch Group.

Don

Posts: 173 | Location: Columbia, Pennsylvania U.S.A. | Registered: July 13, 2004