Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Neat "SP Daylight" Quartz Wristwatch "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 1955
Picture of Michael P. McNamee
posted
Thought I'd share this interesting quartz WW that I picked up on a recent antiquing trip. Research suggests that the "SP" refers to Southern Pacific, and that the "Daylight" route was a passenger route in California.

This watch has what I think is referred to as a "Mystery Dial," but instead of an airplane the seconds are tracked by a train! Have no idea who the manufacturer is, but the back of the case says "Pilex Co., Hong Kong."

Anyone know anything about these watches?

Posts: 1088 | Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota in the USA | Registered: October 15, 2013
IHC Member 1955
Picture of Michael P. McNamee
posted
SP 2

Posts: 1088 | Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota in the USA | Registered: October 15, 2013
Picture of Peter Kaszubski
posted
choo choo nice.

Posts: 4395 | Location: Arizona in the USA | Registered: July 23, 2011
posted
Late to reply but I love steam locos! That sure is a So. Pacific. No mistaking that color scheme. Looks like one of their class GS-4, 4-8-4s Cool watch!

Posts: 45 | Location: New York State in the USA | Registered: October 25, 2016
IHC Member 163
Picture of Mark Cross
posted
Reminds me of the Lionel watches of about 10 years ago.

Regards! Mark

Posts: 3831 | Location: Estill Springs, Tennessee, USA | Registered: December 02, 2002