Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

If you were going to...... "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Sheila Gilbert
posted
Go into Washington DC, to research Watches, where would you go? The National Archives, Library of Congress, Patents, etc.?????
Thanks,

Sheila

Posts: 3094 | Location: La Plata, Maryland U.S.A. | Registered: May 22, 2004
Picture of Wayne C. Anderson
posted
Sheila,
How about an on-line search - save the trip into DC.

Posts: 886 | Location: Nebraska, in the U.S.A. Heartland | Registered: November 22, 2002
posted
Wayne,
I'm doing that too, but I have to go down town anyway, and I will be there for a while waiting on my brother, so I thought I would spend the time hitting some of the places I wanted to go, and then thought, which one should I go to?
Actually, there are some books that I wanted to take a look at, and they have been sent to the National Museum of History for some reason??? so I thought I would go there. Then decided that I would ask you guys first, since you may have knowledge of something that would be of interest, or something that someone may have been searching out, that would be of interest to me too.
It seemed like a good time to pick up some copies of pages, and things since I will be in town anyway.
I will know tonight if I'm even going down there, and if they are going to change my brothers dates or not, I won't go until after the holidays if they change them. It's real busy there during the holidays.
Everyone wants to see the trees and go to shows at this time of year.
In Jan. and Feb. it's quiet! a great time to do research.

Sheila

IHC President
Life Member
Picture of Lindell V. Riddle
posted

Sounds like an interesting day!

I'd want to see the patents of the Wadsworth Watch Case Company. We've wondered about those involved with pocket watch cases on numerous occasions.

Wink

Posts: 10553 | Location: Northeastern Ohio in the USA | Registered: November 19, 2002
posted
Lindell,
Interesting, I was looking at 4 of those online the other day. There isn't much online about the Wadsworth, and they are patents from about 1944. Is this correct? I don't know much about Wadsworth, and this looks like one that has little information on them too. I think these were all dead" files.
Thank you, I will consider these when I search!

Sheila