Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

strange Breitling on ebay "Click" to Login or Register 
Wristwatch Expert

posted
anybody have any idea what it is?

Breitling watch

Looks suspicious. Seller claims ignorance and doesn't take Paypal!

Posts: 84 | Location: Evansville, Wisconsin USA | Registered: April 30, 2005
IHC Life Member
South-Bend
Picture of Frank Kusumoto
posted
Bruce, No idea. I bought my Breitling's at Borsheims and when I had enough I stopped buying them. I tried on one of the "emergency" watches and I hated them. You can only use the emergency feature once and if you use if for a non-emergency you get fined or go to jail or something, oh and it has to be a aviation emergency when you do use it, not just an "I've fallen and I can't get up" emergency. But really, I would ask at the Breitling forum on TZ. There's so much to keep up with on these kinds of fakes it changes monthly.

But really, these are ugly watches. I've got a small wrist for a guy who's 6'0", but I was trying on watches with a linebacker for the Patriots (6'4", neck bigger than my thigh!) and this watch looked stupid on his wrist. He settled for the Chrono Avenger which is I think 47mm, and that looked natural on him.

Posts: 1029 | Location: Denver, Colorado U.S.A. | Registered: October 08, 2004
Picture of Matthew E. Sutton
posted
Breitling does manufacture a watch for aviators that will transmit an emergency signal on 121.5 frequency. With that said, I would recommend that anyone in the market for such a wrist watch purchase it via an authorized source. This is for warrenty and authenticity concerns.

Posts: 495 | Location: Kailua, Hawaii in the USA | Registered: March 14, 2005