• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

A Bulova Q "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Along with the Gruen that I posted, I got a Bulova 10 1/2 Ligne, Model 11ACC, 17 Jewel Wristwatch. Any thoughts on age of this one? Other thoughts...

Posts: 539 | Location: Central Illinois in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 22, 2002
posted
Check the back of your Bulova for the date code: an alphabetical character followed by one numeric character, 0-9, Bulova began using a date code in the 1950's with L indicating 1950 and the numeric character indicating the year. M is 1960, N is 1970, etc. I have three fully mechanical (non-Accutron) watches with the code. One is marked L6 for 1956, one is marked M1 for 1961 and one is marked L5.

Posts: 676 | Location: Oak Ridge, Tennessee USA | Registered: December 08, 2002
posted
Thanks John,

This one is marked L5, so 1955 it would be. The marking is just below the "swiss unadjusted" on the movement

Posts: 539 | Location: Central Illinois in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 22, 2002
posted
Even with my fading eyesight, that looks like an L-3 to me not an L-5.

Tom

posted
I'm sorry, I should have said back of the case, that's where the code appears. I don't know if the code on the movement is the same.

Posts: 676 | Location: Oak Ridge, Tennessee USA | Registered: December 08, 2002
posted
John,
The case doesn't have any numbers. Simply "Electronically Tested - Stainless Steel Back - Water resistant." The case looks like it has never had a band on it. I would guess it is a replacement case. Also, I looked up this movement in the Bestfit catalog and it is actually 11 1/2 ligne.

Tom,
It's not your eyes, but simply my lousy camera. I looked again at the watch and it is 'L5" even though the picture looks like "L3"