• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Please Help Identify this Omega "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Just picked this one up and wonder about the year made and specs regarding the movement. How collectible is this? Thanks!

John F. Murray

Posts: 48 | Location: Palm Beach, Florida in the USA | Registered: April 28, 2008
posted
Here is the face ... gotta figure out how to attach two files together next time :-)

John F. Murray

Posts: 48 | Location: Palm Beach, Florida in the USA | Registered: April 28, 2008
posted
John,

Just logged in after being away for quite a while and couldn't resist answering your questions!

I just happen to have in my lap right now, an original Omega factory supplied electronic watch repair course covering quite a range of Omega calibres.
Your watch used calibres 1250 & 1260, not sure what the differences are though.

The manual also happens to contain an original factory full colour advertising card detailing the watch and its movement.
Seems all f300 watches were officially chronometer certified!
The blurb also states that although the movements were made under licence to Bulova (Accutron presumeably re- their tuning fork technology and patents), the licence had expired and all doc's were ammended to reflect the situation.

The manual also contains the full test procedures etc also in colour.

Any decent Omega is collectible and tuning fork watches have a following in their own right anyway.
I would guess the year made will have been sometime mid 1970's.

I'm up to my ears with unpacking gear and catching up with Emails right now, but if you can give me a while I'll see if i can scan the doc's for you.

Lovely watch BTW.

Best regards

John

BTW, if you want to stitch photo's together, best merge them in a photo editing programme before posting the pic's.
J.W.

Posts: 1282 | Location: Northern England, United Kingdom | Registered: January 07, 2006
posted
thanks ... that is great john. any more info you have is also appreciated!

John F. Murray

posted
John,

Got the card scanned ok which is displayed below.
I can Email you the images if you wish to print them out.

The card is a tad longer than a standard A4 sheet, and half width - also folded into 4 pages.

This first Image is the front and back of the card.

Best regards
John

Omega Card 1

Posts: 1282 | Location: Northern England, United Kingdom | Registered: January 07, 2006
posted
This image is of the two centre back pages.
JW.

Omega Centre Back

posted
Image of Pages 1 & 2
J.W.

Omega Page 1 & 2

posted
Image of Pages 3 & 4
J.W.

Omega Pages 3 & 4

posted
wow ... this is all terrific John. I should also mention that Lindell also posted a photo of his Omega f300 a while back when I posted about another watch I have - the Movado Surf which is actually a Zenith with the same Bulova tuning fork movement (I still haven't figured out how that one can be both a Movado and a Zenith). Anyway, this material is superb ... and I think more and more people will realize that this movement is truly a great collectors watch in the future. If anybody can figure out my question about how Movado is Zenith is Bulova :-)))) ... I would love to hear from you. And the photo of that watch is at:
Movado Tuning Fork Movement Watch from 1976 World Series

John F. Murray

posted
OH ... and John, I would love if you emailed me those images. You can send to info@johnfmurray.com ... thanks so much!

John F. Murray

posted
John, Images are on their way, please let me know you got them ok.

I never saw Lindell's postings on the f300, so checked in the archives for them. I found a few, but they were all before my time here and all in one topic.
If I've missed some, any chance of a lead?

Lindell, if you would like the scans sending on too, just let me know, the files total around 1.4 megs.

I may post the f300 manual as a .pdf file in the technical section.

Best regards

John

posted
John,
Thanks for the images. For Lindell's Omega f300, go to the following link:

https://ihc185.infopop.cc/eve/f...6009961/m/9001080013

or you can go to my posting in this forum called "Baseball Historical Wrist Watch" ... you will see an image of his nice f300.

Best to you! Smile
John

John F. Murray