Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

hamilton addiction getting bad "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
and i blame all of you. Smile

Posts: 39 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: June 01, 2007
IHC President
Life Member
Picture of Lindell V. Riddle
posted

Welcome Aboard Brad! Smile

You're right, we are like little kids in a candy store. Razz No willpower. Roll Eyes

But I love this hobby! Cool

Lindell

Wink

Posts: 10553 | Location: Northeastern Ohio in the USA | Registered: November 19, 2002
posted
thanks Lindell!

Posts: 39 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: June 01, 2007
IHC Life Member
posted
The scarcest Tonneau Hamilton to find is the yellow gold-filled model - most seemingly yellow versions are really green gold colored.

Posts: 423 | Location: West Walton, United Kingdom | Registered: November 16, 2005
posted
Here's a very nice Hamilton Tonneau that I own. I believe it to be YGF.

Dave Freeman
IHC Member 321

Posts: 976 | Location: Texas in the U.S.A. | Registered: January 27, 2004
posted
dave, that's a beauty, and you've posted it before, i think. if i'm remembering correctly, it was that picture that got me really interested in picking a tonneau up. and that lead to this-

it started out as a grimy mess from a lot. however, it ran perfectly from the moment i first wound it. the dial had a good sized radium burn, but another lot- this time of dials only- and there we go. a 19mm band later and it looks pretty decent.

Picture of Sheila Gilbert
posted
It's the WATCHES that do it, but a push from us sure does feed the fire huh?

Very nice watch, I love those Hamiltons, really nice looking watches.

Sheila

Posts: 3094 | Location: La Plata, Maryland U.S.A. | Registered: May 22, 2004
Picture of Bill Carlson
posted
Aother Hamilton. I wear this one a lot because its nice looking, comfortable and keeps great time. I don't even know what the model is. It is 14 K gold filled front and back.

Bill Carlson

Posts: 431 | Location: Billings, Montana USA | Registered: February 05, 2007
Picture of Adam M. Dubin
posted
Bill, yours is the "Milton" model, dating to 1948 (according to: "Hamilton Wristwatches: A Collector's Guide" by Rene Rondeau).

Posts: 261 | Location: Chicago, Illinois USA | Registered: June 01, 2006
Picture of Bill Carlson
posted
Thanks for the information on the Hamilton. I'll have to get that book. I always enjoy seeing the watches that you present on this forum. Some of us would never see the caliber of watches you people present if it wasn't for our Chapter 185.

Bill Carlson

IHC Life Member
Wristwatch Host
Picture of Tony Dukes
posted
Bill,
Remember that most of the Hamilton watches were made in the USA-Lancaster, Pa.///// Smile
Tony

Posts: 1953 | Location: Atlanta, Georgia in the U.S.A. | Registered: August 01, 2003
Picture of Bill Carlson
posted
Tony,
Thanks for the information and reminder about Lancaster, Pa. Its too bad they still aren't being made there. I guess we will have to enjoy the ones that were !

Bill Carlson

IHC Member 935
posted
Can you claim to be a Hamilton addict and not have any of the Ventura electric series? Check out the website of Rene Rondeau for some photos.

Posts: 175 | Location: Davis, California USA | Registered: March 10, 2007
Wristwatch Expert
IHC Life Member
Picture of William J. Hansen, Ph.D.
posted
The electrics are magnificent, especially the Ventura.

Bill Hansen
IHC# 198
Life Member# 17

Posts: 813 | Location: Cincinnati, Ohio USA | Registered: January 22, 2003
Picture of Donald Evans
posted
The Hamilton Virus is soooo easy to catch. I got it from an 87 year-old watchmaker 4 years ago and it has resisted all known medication. My Hayden is my favorite because it always solicits questions. And it is fun talking about watches.
Don Evans

Posts: 18 | Location: Willis, Texas in the USA | Registered: April 05, 2008
IHC Life Member
Site Moderator
Picture of John J. Flahive III
posted
Donald,

I like your watch. I can see why you get a lot of questions about it. Can you tell us more about this particular model? I know very little about Hamilton wrist watches and am always anxious to learn.

John III

Posts: 1755 | Location: Colorado in the USA | Registered: October 17, 2005