Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Pocket watch on your wrist "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Peter Kaszubski
posted
I want one and I do not care how many people would that feed.
What a great design for a case.

A Blog to WATCH

[Rpaige Crash Of ’29 Watch Designed By Mark Carson]
[Price: $3,500 retail]

Posts: 4395 | Location: Arizona in the USA | Registered: July 23, 2011
IHC Member 163
Picture of Mark Cross
posted
Gorgeous! I love it too, Peter!
Regards! Mark

Posts: 3831 | Location: Estill Springs, Tennessee, USA | Registered: December 02, 2002
posted
and the best part is power by great American movement size 12 Waltham Smile
I made few its a pain I have to modify case and setting mechanism and at the end break even
makes no sense to me to make any more.

IHC Member 1291
Picture of Buster Beck
posted
The 'worstest part to me is the $3500 price tag for a 17J Waltham/Elgin/Illinois 12sz pocket watch movement in a newly designed "art-deco" style ww case.

To me it is only an old pocket watch worn on the wrist without the added benefits most modern ww's have incorporated into them to help out with the shocks & motions associated with a watch being worn on an arm that is constantly in motion and constantly upsetting the balance of the watch.

Without a modern incabloc spring loaded mounting shock protection system for the bearings that support the balance wheel and protect the balance staff, I see far too many problems for such a "high~priced" piece of merchandise to be successful in the long run.

I feel that $700-900 might be in the ballpark for such a piece, but at about 5 times higher than that, I believe it will go over like the proverbial "lead balloon"...

regards,
bb

Posts: 6376 | Location: Texas in the USA | Registered: July 27, 2009
posted
I was making them for $500 with lots of elbow grease involve but in regular round case,
I like the art deco case. He will only make 50 of those.

IHC Member 1291
Picture of Buster Beck
posted
I heard that Peter... With less than 30 days before it is scheduled for production, only 64% of their funding goal has been met, and with only a proposed 49 being made, its beginning to sound very much like Kaiser & Howard Hughes "Spruce Goose" to me which made one short hop for about a mile and never flew again.

regards,
bb

Posts: 6376 | Location: Texas in the USA | Registered: July 27, 2009
IHC Member 2030
posted
I have thought of converting the 12s $45 bay special below for right arm.
Any ideas on material for wire lugs and method of attachment is welcome.
Thanks
Mike

Posts: 1114 | Location: Virginia Beach, Virginia in the USA | Registered: February 08, 2015
posted
Mike I will sent you pictures tomorrow of contraption I made.