WWT Shows CLICK TO: Join and Support Internet Horology Club 185™ IHC185™ Forums

• Check Out Our... •
• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Did I try to sell the wrong watch on the right sales forum? "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 935
posted
On June 9, I listed a scarce Zenith El Primero yellow dial at a reasonable starting price, and on June 24, even after reducing the price, still did not get a single reply. This, as you know, has the same movement that Rolex once started out with for its Daytona. Where did something go wrong, if it did?

https://ihc185.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/6346095371/m/9401008162

Smile

Posts: 175 | Location: Davis, California USA | Registered: March 10, 2007
IHC Life Member
posted
I think it's a matter of the right watch and the wrong audience. Unfortunatly, you may not generate much interest for a fine Zenith here. I love them. I've owned a few too. But, my tastes have changed. I've also been down this road with a Minerva. Had no luck here but sold it rather quickly on another venue. Funny, watch batteries don't sell well here either. Smile

Keep trying. You never know when the right buyer might come along.

Larry

Posts: 661 | Location: Wisconsin in the U.S.A. | Registered: December 07, 2002
IHC President
Life Member
Picture of Lindell V. Riddle
posted

We have sold many expensive items in our Mart, but the higher the price the fewer interested persons you will have. It's all a matter of timing, finding the right person at the right time. Smile You also must provide several big, clear, highly detailed images. On the internet the images are of great importance.

I'll tell you this, in the coming days I'll be selling one of the rarest and most desirable of Ball watches, a 23-Jewel 18-size Ball-Hamilton, only 100 numbers blocked, nine are known to have survived.

Stay tuned, it will be offered right here exclusively. Cool

Wink

Posts: 10553 | Location: Northeastern Ohio in the USA | Registered: November 19, 2002
IHC Member 935
posted
Thanks, Larry. I will try another of the sales forums around. And Lindell, I await your offering with great interest.

IHC President
Life Member
Picture of Lindell V. Riddle
posted

The glass is half full, not half empty! Cool

Put in more images with more details, enthusiastically tell all you know about that beautiful watch, provide links to any others you find at a higher price. "Nothing happens until you make it happen!" We are here to help, call 440-461-0167 and I'll be delighted to assist you my friend!

Wink

Posts: 10553 | Location: Northeastern Ohio in the USA | Registered: November 19, 2002
IHC Member 935
posted
Just got off the telephone speaking with Lindell and got some extended in depth tutoring on how to sell watches on the internet, and especially here. All I can say is "Wow" as to what I learned. Lindell, you are a true friend, and I know that many other members share this belief. I shall now proceed to enhance the posting of my watch. With the help of Lindell, and offering a beautiful example of Swiss watchmaking at half the MSRP ought to count for something!

Picture of Clyde Roper
posted
I'm sure that fine Zenith will find a new and good home soon. Good luck Mortimer! Wish I had a need for one myself, but an Omega Speedmaster is first on my list of classic wrist chronographs.

(And yes, we can all learn a thing or two from Lindell when it comes to watches and the internet, sales, etc.) Smile

Posts: 203 | Location: North Carolina in the USA | Registered: December 05, 2006
posted
Since I am not a wristwatch collector, I am looking for a dressier mans watch for myself. I must admit that I find that yellow dial does nothing for me. It's all a matter of personal preference.

Posts: 767 | Location: Los Osos, California USA | Registered: December 12, 2002