Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Gaudy & Tawdry "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Jim Rogers
posted
Guys,
We had so much fun with Lindell's "Guess the price of this watch post. (Which I of course got entirely wrong)I would like to post another contest entitled "Gaudy & Tawdry for You"

The winner gets free peanut butter sandwiches at Lindell's (Winner has choice of Jif or Skippy peanut butter) and a ride in a Studebaker Golden Hawk, Can't go wrong with that.

Shelia will love this contest, LOL

Here are the rules.

1. Must Post picture
2. Must be new watch or fairly new and the manufacturer should be identified.
3. Should have a brief social commentary, on why this should be the winner.

Simple.

Good luck to all you tawdry submitters...
LetsTawdry away.

Posts: 151 | Location: Atkinson, New Hampshire U.S.A. | Registered: October 17, 2004
Picture of Jim Rogers
posted
The first entry from the House of Mermelstein, otherwise known as Croton Watch a fine house since around 1875

I feel this should be the winner because if you wear this watch, you are prone to having your house searched for illegal substances.

Posts: 151 | Location: Atkinson, New Hampshire U.S.A. | Registered: October 17, 2004
Picture of Sheila Gilbert
posted
I am the QUEEN of Tacky, Gaudy, and Tawdry!

It happened right after I turned 50 Eek

There is only ONE WAY for you to see what I have, and you have to use the link to see my
"BEST OF THE BEST" Hard to see, but my roll model will be glad to let you see it on her arm.

Lindell, I like Creamy Skippy. Big Grin Wink Big Grin Eek
(Russell and I owned a Golden Hawk in 1971)

Gi here |
|
V

http://hometown.aol.com/gil555/index.html

Sheila

Posts: 3094 | Location: La Plata, Maryland U.S.A. | Registered: May 22, 2004
posted
Jim,

How aobut we guess the price on that one!

Let me guess..

retail is 19,000...marked down to 8000 but hte Shopnbc price is 1,500 with 5 value pays of 300 each...

Right??

Jeff

Posts: 764 | Location: Saint Petersburg, Florida USA | Registered: June 26, 2003
Picture of Jim Rogers
posted
Jeff,

Actually THIS IS A REAL GOOD DEAL, LOL Eek
Retail $1,100.00
Regular $599.95
Special $499.96

5 value pays of $99.96

I think David is losing money on this one. But what the heck, he's a real good guy. Roll Eyes

I was going to buy one, it's just that I don't like search warrants, LOL Big Grin

IHC President
Life Member
Picture of Lindell V. Riddle
posted

If I wore that I'd keep my sleeve down. What could they be thinking?

Roll Eyes Eek Confused

Posts: 10553 | Location: Northeastern Ohio in the USA | Registered: November 19, 2002
posted
Jeff, Big Grin That was great!

What we do for a deal.

I was going to post my tacky lady but she is in bmp format, so I can't get it on.
I'm trying for another picture.
I like some of the gaudy watches some men wear, but just not too gaudy.
I like the flat ones and all of them are so FAT these days.

If it's thin, it can have a lot of "gems" on it. Your brain sure changes after 50.

I finally know why all those "Oldies" in Florida do what they do, and why all women over 50 look like a walking tacky princess. Maybe it's the same illness the men get. The wearing yellow polyester suits with ugly white shoes thing!!!!!

I wear watches now, that I would have NEVER thought to wear just 5 years ago.

Enjoy them, it's fun!

Sheila

Picture of Jim Rogers
posted
Shelia,

I am not sure what you have for photo software but here is a piece of freeware that is really great and its FREE.

Called Ifranview. You can download it fee here
http://www.irfanview.com/

This will allow you to edit any picture and save it in a differnt format say from BMP to Jpeg, resize etc etc.

I use it all the time.

posted
This is Ms Classy Sassy and she wears only the best and MOST GAUDY WATCHES made.

Jim, Carlos told me about that one, and it works great, well, it did. My computer ate it too. It kills everything. I hope to get it fixed soon, but until then......

My Ms Sassy is so neat, she's my retirement roll model.
Is she a hoot or what?!!!!!!!!!

Sheila

Classy

posted
Very nice Sheila.I like older women because they have the money and the brains.I have noticed women,s taste in clothes and watches change as they age, i think it is great.You worked hard for your watches, so enjoy them now, life is just tooooooooo short. Big Grin Smile

posted
This one isn't gaudy; however, the hype is pretty extreme--another item from Steinhausen.

By the way, did the 1928 watch they enthuse about ever exist?

Posts: 676 | Location: Oak Ridge, Tennessee USA | Registered: December 08, 2002
Picture of Jim Rogers
posted
AH HA, he said,

The great Steinhausen controversey Confused
This one goes with the Stauer watch. You raised a good question, someplace either on this forum or the national there was a thread on Stienhausen

I sort of added them to the Lucerne watch company or companies LOL

I don't know if they ever existed in truth but they show up in all the airline mags, that should tell you something