• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Hamilton Cushion Form with scarce dial option "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Thought I'd share my latest acquisition, a white gold fill Cushion Form model with dial No. 05 which is not seen very often.

Posts: 113 | Location: Waukesha, Wisconsin USA | Registered: September 10, 2006
posted
From the 1927 catalog

posted
How it looked when I received it. It looks much better with period correct hands and a new glass crystal.

IHC Life Member
posted
Its called the "Fluckinger" dial - perhaps the experts can further explain ? The Hamilton number is 05, I mean zero five.

DM

Posts: 423 | Location: West Walton, United Kingdom | Registered: November 16, 2005
Hamilton WW Expert
IHC Life Member
Picture of Bryan J. Girouard
posted
Fluckinger was the company that made the dial for Hamilton.

Bryan J. Girouard
Art Deco Wristwatches

Posts: 169 | Location: Dallas, Texas U.S.A, | Registered: March 30, 2004
IHC Life Member
Wristwatch Host
Picture of Tony Dukes
posted
Guys--I love that dial Smile
Wish I had a Hamilton with that dial/////
Tony

Posts: 1953 | Location: Atlanta, Georgia in the U.S.A. | Registered: August 01, 2003
posted
Here is the blueprint for the 05 dial

Don

Posts: 173 | Location: Columbia, Pennsylvania U.S.A. | Registered: July 13, 2004
posted
Eight bucks extra for this dial in 1927!! Am I reading this right? No wonder its rare!
-Cort

Posts: 536 | Location: El Cerrito, California U.S.A. | Registered: October 04, 2004
IHC Life Member
posted
Oh dear - let's be clear, the designation of the above dial seems to be 05, (zero five), and not O5,(letter O, number 5), since the "0" appears to be in the same typeface as known zeros elsewhere.

DM

Posts: 423 | Location: West Walton, United Kingdom | Registered: November 16, 2005
Picture of Adam M. Dubin
posted
It is gorgeous...

Posts: 261 | Location: Chicago, Illinois USA | Registered: June 01, 2006
posted
After starting this thread because of my recent acquisition, it just occured to me that I've now got all three special dials in my collection. Smile