• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Help with Luminox watch... "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
I have a Luminox watch I purchased a few years ago that is almost identical to this watch on ebay except mine was designed for Ducks Unlimited and sold through Bass Pro Shop:
Luminox Watch:
I'm having problem with being able to set the time....I had the battery replaced the other day and I noticed that the watch just stopped...I played around with pulling the stem out and back in....The watch wouldn't run then all of a sudden after about 30 seconds of sitting it just started back up.....All was good then last night for no apparent reason it stopped again....I finally got it to start working again....Now the time was wrong so I went to pull the crown out to the 2nd step to set it but I couldn't.....Any ideas what the problem is and is it an easy fix?....I like this watch for two reasons...First I can actually read the time with this watch and the other is it's made of titanium(lately my skin has been reacting to all sorts of stainless).....Anyone know someone who they could recommend to fix it?....

"It's like deja vu all over again..."

Posts: 871 | Location: Savannah, Georgia in the USA | Registered: March 14, 2009
IHC Life Member
Certified Watchmaker
Picture of Chris Abell
posted
Robert the quick and easy way is just to replace the movement, they don’t cost much to replace, some of these are now obsolete movements and I think this one has a high cannon pinion type would need to see it to give you more information.

Posts: 2625 | Location: Northeast Texas in the USA | Registered: November 20, 2003
posted
Thanks for the info Chris.....I had a friend who has better fingers than I and he was able to get the watch set for now.....If it continues to stop and start then I will send it your way to replace the movement....Thank you again...

"It's like deja vu all over again..."

Posts: 871 | Location: Savannah, Georgia in the USA | Registered: March 14, 2009