Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

help with gubelin ID "Click" to Login or Register 
Wristwatch Expert

posted
I have always been impressed and intrigued with Gubelin watches. And, yes, stupified, because they used a variety of manufacturers for their movements, and it's difficult to pin down their true "identity." I have just acquired one that is a beauty. It's a large size (36mm diameter across), with gold-shell case. The automatic movement is a 23-jewel and is marked A1011 on the rotor. It keeps immaculate time, and I would stack this up against any chronometer I've ever owned, even though the movement is marked "unadjusted" (I know a lot of this was done to avoid tariffs upon entering the United States. I've attached some images. Can anyone help me with the true identity of the movement? Also, the inside caseback bears a curious trademark, and "HF" combo letter inside some sort of shape that bears a resemblence to an artist's palette. I've looked and looked through my trademark references and can't find this. Does anyone have a clue as to what this trademark might be?

Gubelin

Posts: 84 | Location: Evansville, Wisconsin USA | Registered: April 30, 2005
Wristwatch Expert

posted
the movement:

Wristwatch Expert

posted
the trademark on the inside caseback:

posted
From the type of rotor latch it seems to be a Kurth 28-45 or in that family.
J Smith

Posts: 188 | Location: Warrenton, North Carolina U.S.A. | Registered: January 12, 2003
posted
It looks like A1D11 from here. It's a bit surprising there is no other ebauche mark on a watch of this era but, there's always something new around each corner. That's what keeps things interesting.
-Cort

Posts: 536 | Location: El Cerrito, California U.S.A. | Registered: October 04, 2004