Internet Horology Club 185
Hamilton Ross dial swap

This topic can be found at:
https://ihc185.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9886009961/m/3551033312

October 19, 2006, 13:24
Thomas Diss
Hamilton Ross dial swap
Just purchased another wgf Ross from Bryan Girouard and am planning an interesting dial swap when it arrives. I am going to trade dials between it and a coral version with rhodium numbers and hands. Any comments? (The photos were originally taken by Bryan and I've done some cutting & pasting.)

Hamilton "Ross" dial swap

October 19, 2006, 21:05
Tony Dukes
Thomas,
Why do you want to swap dials?
October 19, 2006, 22:09
Thomas Diss
The contrast between the pink dial and the white gold case should look great. I already have the normal white gold version with the two-tone gilt dial. I also think a black dial would also look very nice in a white case.
October 20, 2006, 01:35
Cort Moore
It would look great either way but I would say you'll pick up bonus points if the original dial is on the watch. The Hamilton people will know too (very studious group).
-Cort
October 20, 2006, 21:41
Rick Vess
Thomas,

Knowing that you have at least 3 different variations of the Ross makes me feel MUCH better about my 7 variations of the Illinois Marquis. I look forward to seeing a photo of your whole Ross "family" once you locate a black dial!

Problem, what problem? Smile

Good luck!

Rick
October 20, 2006, 22:22
Tom Huber
Looking at this thread, prompted me to pull out a WW that I got in a junk box many years ago (back when Hamiltons were found in junk boxes). Is this watch a Ross?

October 20, 2006, 23:10
Thomas Diss
Yes. It is the most common version - ygf case with white applied gold numeral dial. It would look even better with a black leather band.
October 21, 2006, 22:30
Tom Huber
Thank you Thomas. I just might dig out a nice leather strap and put on it.

Tom