• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Hamilton Ross dial swap "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Just purchased another wgf Ross from Bryan Girouard and am planning an interesting dial swap when it arrives. I am going to trade dials between it and a coral version with rhodium numbers and hands. Any comments? (The photos were originally taken by Bryan and I've done some cutting & pasting.)

Hamilton "Ross" dial swap

Posts: 113 | Location: Waukesha, Wisconsin USA | Registered: September 10, 2006
IHC Life Member
Wristwatch Host
Picture of Tony Dukes
posted
Thomas,
Why do you want to swap dials?

Posts: 1953 | Location: Atlanta, Georgia in the U.S.A. | Registered: August 01, 2003
posted
The contrast between the pink dial and the white gold case should look great. I already have the normal white gold version with the two-tone gilt dial. I also think a black dial would also look very nice in a white case.

posted
It would look great either way but I would say you'll pick up bonus points if the original dial is on the watch. The Hamilton people will know too (very studious group).
-Cort

Posts: 536 | Location: El Cerrito, California U.S.A. | Registered: October 04, 2004
posted
Thomas,

Knowing that you have at least 3 different variations of the Ross makes me feel MUCH better about my 7 variations of the Illinois Marquis. I look forward to seeing a photo of your whole Ross "family" once you locate a black dial!

Problem, what problem? Smile

Good luck!

Rick

Posts: 141 | Location: Michigan in the USA | Registered: October 13, 2005
posted
Looking at this thread, prompted me to pull out a WW that I got in a junk box many years ago (back when Hamiltons were found in junk boxes). Is this watch a Ross?

posted
Yes. It is the most common version - ygf case with white applied gold numeral dial. It would look even better with a black leather band.

posted
Thank you Thomas. I just might dig out a nice leather strap and put on it.

Tom