Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Bulova Lone Eagle or Sky King? "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Wayne Hanley
posted
I bought this Bulova advertised as a Lone Eagle series 2. I have a feeling it is a Sky King rather than a Lone Eagle Series 2. Does anyone have or seen a Sky King, that could determine the correct configuration?

Posts: 370 | Location: Northern California in the USA | Registered: November 10, 2007
Picture of Wayne Hanley
posted
Another view

Posts: 370 | Location: Northern California in the USA | Registered: November 10, 2007
Picture of Wayne Hanley
posted
Ad 1930 10a

Picture of Wayne Hanley
posted
1930 Sky King - I answered my own question. It's not a Sky King!

posted
Ouch you should have checked the myBulova website!

If it's one thing that annoys me it's when eBay sellers lists their watch as a Lone Eagle when clearly it's not.....it's not that hard to find out if it is or isn't....just Google Bulova Lone Eagle. You'll see this result: http://www.mybulova.com/bulova-lone-eagle-story

I've seen this model many a time on eBay but have never been able to positively identify it. It is similar to a Banker is shape and a Richard in style.

Always pays to do a bit of research before buying off eBay.

All the same a very nice Bulova watch!

Stephen.

Posts: 97 | Location: Canberra, Australia | Registered: April 28, 2007
Picture of Wayne Hanley
posted
After more research I found another Bulova like the one I'm trying to identify.

Have you noticed that most of the e-Bay sellers of the 1928-29 tonneau shaped Bulova watches do not list them as Lone Eagles. These sellers describe the tonneau shaped watches as anyting other than Lone Eagle.

The watch shown below is the same case as mine.
Different from the Richard. Along with the engraved sides & gold strips, it has the top & bottom engraved bezel.

Picture of Wayne Hanley
posted
I have found a Bulova ad artist rendition for a Bulova Pemberton. Do you know the year that the Pemberton was introduced? Whatcha think?

Picture of Wayne Hanley
posted
Stephen, Continuing Saga

First time I have seen this varient below! The top face of the bezel is slick with no engraving & no omega symbols even. Both sides of the bezel have the traditional Lone Eagle engraving. I like it!

eBay Item number: 300434145869

Item Specifics-Features:
Vintage gentleman's wristwatch, 14k gold filled, 16mm strap, Lone Eagle Model, Engraved bezel and case, Hinged back with inner dust cover, Original sterling silver dial, glowing hands and numbers, Bulova 10AN - 15 jewels, Tonneau case.

In the seller's description the case is refered to as a barrel shape. Lone Eagle is not mentioned again.

posted
This particular model is one of the most mysterious Bulova vintage watches. I have many many vintage bulova ads and not one of them shows this particular design or a variant of it other then the Lone Eagle, the Richard, the Templan and the Templar...all of which are close but not an exact match.

As with many Bulova watches...the search continues!

Picture of Wayne Hanley
posted
Stephen,
I love a good mystery, so I bought it! For the time being I'm going to give it a name. How does "Bulova 1928 Tonneau Slick Top" sound ok to you?. Until someone comes up with the Official name. Roll Eyes
Wayne

Picture of Wayne Hanley
posted
Refer to above post:

No mystery after all! 2010 Price Guide page 714 bottom left column. Bulova 17j "The Governor" 14K. Whoda Thunkit? Confused

Ok, sue me for 2 jewels! I only have 15 jewels, but it is the case that is named. Cool

Correction: My case is marked 14k RGP (Rolled Gold Plate).

posted
Wayne,

Thatlooks like a very nice watch. However, just because the "Price Guide" says it should have 17 jewels and in solid 14K... would mean very little to me. IMHO this "Guide" is accurate about 1/2 of the time. Smile

Rick

Posts: 141 | Location: Michigan in the USA | Registered: October 13, 2005
Picture of Bill Carlson
posted
Very nice looking watch...

Bill Carlson

Posts: 431 | Location: Billings, Montana USA | Registered: February 05, 2007
posted
Wayne, I seriously need to get myself a copy of that book. Are you able to scan the image in and post here.

Stephen
myBulova.com

Picture of Mary Ann Scott
posted
Stephen - you can get the book and join IHC185 at the same time for only $37.95. Here is the link about how to join and order the book:

Join IHC185 and order the 2010 price guide

Posts: 1047 | Location: The Colony, Texas in the USA | Registered: December 20, 2008
Picture of Wayne Hanley
posted
Steven,

You can get 2010 COOKSEY SHUGART'S "COMPLETE GUIDE TO WATCHES! @ BUY AND SELL HERE, THE IHC185™ TRADING MART. Click on IHC185™ Book and Gift Store.

The book is 1216 pages. This is a scan of "The Governor"

Picture of Wayne Hanley
posted
Hi Mary Ann & thanks. I was working the same post.

I wonder if the shipping cost to Down Under is prohibitive. The official title is "Complete Price Guide to Watches. NO. 30 2010. May be had at any good bookstore.

Caution: earlier versions are still advertised.

Picture of Mary Ann Scott
posted
Wayne and Stephen - the $37.95 cost includes membership dues, the watch guide in a heavy vinyl cover and shipping internationally no matter where you live. It is really a great bargain. Smile Here is an excerpt from the page:

THE NEW 2010 EDITION "COMPLETE GUIDE TO WATCHES"
IS IN STOCK AND SHIPPING THE NEXT BUSINESS DAY.

Exclusive IHC185™ Members Only price includes shipping!

• WATCH GUIDE ONLY IS $27.95 TO ANY ADDRESS IN THE WORLD! •

2010 30th Edition of "Cooksey Shugart's Complete Guide to WATCHES" is ready for you! Today is a good time to pay your IHC185 Dues. Here's your chance to get the latest edition of this essential book and support Internet Horology Club 185 at the same time! Now here is your deal...

• GET YOUR WATCH GUIDE AND 2010 DUES BARGAIN PRICED $37.95 •

THIS LOW DISCOUNTED PRICE INCLUDES WORLD-WIDE SHIPPING TO EVERY MEMBER OF IHC185 ------- NO MATTER WHERE YOU MAY LIVE!!!

AND AT NO EXTRA CHARGE YOUR GUIDE IS COVERED IN HEAVY VINYL

• WATCH GUIDE ONLY IS $27.95 TO ANY ADDRESS IN THE WORLD! •

You'll say our "Complete Guide to WATCHES" is the best deal anywhere!

Posts: 1047 | Location: The Colony, Texas in the USA | Registered: December 20, 2008
posted
Wayne, can you do me a favour and add the watch to the myBulova website and list it as the 'Governor'

Many thanks
Stephen

posted
Mary, I certainly plan to take up that offer! I doubt I'll be able to find a better deal anywhere.

Kind regards
Stephen
myBulova.com

IHC President
Life Member
Picture of Lindell V. Riddle
posted

Thanks to Mary Ann and Wayne for pointing out our best in the world watch guide offer!

Yes Stephen, we do this for all IHC Members, for only $37.95 we ship the watch guide TO ANY ADDRESS IN THE WORLD and include annual IHC185 dues in the low price. This is an especially good buy for those who either cannot find the watch guide where they live or cost of shipping may otherwise be prohibitive.

This is the same link Mary Ann provided...

JOIN, PAY DUES AND GET THE 2010 SHUGART WATCH GUIDE HERE

PayPal, check or money order are all accepted.

Stephen, we all want you to be a full IHC Member so you can participate more fully, and also consider linking back to IHC185 from your site! Oh, we can drop your website in as a clickable signature for all your posts.

Lindell

Wink

Posts: 10553 | Location: Northeastern Ohio in the USA | Registered: November 19, 2002
posted

Left to right Lone Eagle, Sky King, The Governor, is that right?

Posts: 106 | Location: Widnes, United Kingdom | Registered: April 02, 2008