• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

New watch band for my wittnauer compressor "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
At another forum some one PM me and ask if I wanted a 1960's tropic strap.Well I said yes.I have a few 19mm lug vintage diver's and the wittnauer won hands down.How does it look.

I know it looks better than the nato I had on it.And one thing about forum's you make some good friends and I do the same now if I have spare parts I even gave away a whole watch one's.

Posts: 523 | Location: Northern California in the USA | Registered: November 23, 2008
posted
It looks awesome Mike. A watch I would love to have in my collection.

Ray

Posts: 1499 | Location: Rancho Cucamonga, California USA | Registered: December 20, 2006
Picture of Matthew E. Sutton
posted
It looks better then the NATO, and most likely sits flatter on the wrist. I just purchased a vintage tropic strap for my Corvus diver. Should get it in the mail today, or so. They are not cheap these days, but classic.

You have a nice, complete vintage watch now! Bravo

Posts: 495 | Location: Kailua, Hawaii in the USA | Registered: March 14, 2005
posted
Matthew did you see these they would look good on a corvus.
http://www.timefactors.com/rubber.htm
about 30.00 bucks

Posts: 523 | Location: Northern California in the USA | Registered: November 23, 2008
Picture of Matthew E. Sutton
posted
Mike,
You would not believe this, but I just purchased one of these a few moments ago. I also recieved my vintage Tropic 20mm perferated rubber diver band today, and have installed it. For what I paid for it, I feel guilty wearing it, however, it reminds me of my first dive watch in 1971....Tropic basket weave.
The nice thing about the Corvus is that the band options are virtually unlimited because of the drilled spring bars.
I like the timefactors band, and look forward to receiving it. So far, the Tropic is very comfortable, and was the original band for the Blancpain 50-fathom for which the Corvus is patterned from.

Posts: 495 | Location: Kailua, Hawaii in the USA | Registered: March 14, 2005
posted
I thought about getting that one from time factors for the Avricoste Spirotechnique Diver I just added to my collection then I read the fine print my new watch does not have drilled lugs.I know it will look good on your Corvus.