Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Bulova Advertising Genius "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Here is a little note from the July August 2000 Reminisce magazine:
Speaking of advertising, "Bulova Ads Stood Out-
But for sheer genius, no one topped the Bulova watch people. Every hour on every radio station we learned the correct time, courtesy of 'Bulova Watch Time'."
The writer did not say when this was, but it must have been before my time. I don't remember it, but it is no wonder Bulova was so successful.

Posts: 827 | Location: Bloomington, Illinois in the USA | Registered: September 29, 2008
posted
Which just reminds me, The final, not well regarded Marx Brother Film 'Love Happy' had some early product placement in it to help the funding,

Including, guess who!

That's Harpo in the picture!

Also the villains use the old sand timer to see how long Grouch can spend talking, "does that run on Bulova Sand?"

Posts: 106 | Location: Widnes, United Kingdom | Registered: April 02, 2008
posted
Have you ever seen the french film "Amelie"? It is a classic. In the movie, outside an old man's apartment window is a large advertising clock with the dial of an Omega Constellation that keeps running.

Posts: 827 | Location: Bloomington, Illinois in the USA | Registered: September 29, 2008