Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Hamilton 'Custer' "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 1063
posted
I'm trying to find a Hamilton 'Custer'. How rare and how difficult to find are they?

Thanks,
Dana

Posts: 242 | Location: Massachusetts in the USA | Registered: February 07, 2008
IHC Life Member
Wristwatch Host
Picture of Tony Dukes
posted
Dana,
I do not know how rare the Custer might be but IMHO a nice example is not going to be easy to find.
Tony

Posts: 1953 | Location: Atlanta, Georgia in the U.S.A. | Registered: August 01, 2003
Wristwatch Expert
IHC Life Member
Picture of William J. Hansen, Ph.D.
posted
I don't have my books in front of me, but I recall that the Custer is 14K solid gold tank style watch. It is somewhat similar to the Allison. The Foster is longer and thinner. The Custer isn't one I've seen very often. I'll be on the look out.

Bill Hansen
IHC# 198
Life Member# 17

Posts: 813 | Location: Cincinnati, Ohio USA | Registered: January 22, 2003
IHC Life Member
Wristwatch Host
Picture of Tony Dukes
posted
Dana,
I found the Custer featured in the 1935 and 1936 Hamilton Catalogs. This suggests to me that the production numbers of the Custer will not be high.
I would suggest that you look at the Hamilton wristwatches listed on ebay for a Custer.
Tony

Posts: 1953 | Location: Atlanta, Georgia in the U.S.A. | Registered: August 01, 2003