• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

I need info on Weiss Watch "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
I have a gentleman's circular Weiss watch marked 18k #331988. It is attached to a 17.00mm yellow gold mesh deigned bracelet which is marked 14k.

I have not had any luck finding any information about this watch.
The only Weiss I have been able to find is costume jewelry.gostars2@earthlink.net

Posts: 9 | Location: Plano, Texas in the USA | Registered: May 30, 2010
IHC President
Life Member
Picture of Lindell V. Riddle
posted

Hello Amy,

This looks to be a very good watch in fine condition.

Usually the most likely answer involves such a watch being what we call "private labeled" meaning it may have been made for a jeweler, a jewelry distributor or department store.

In doing a search for "Weiss" in several forms a modern day "Weiss Watch Company" comes up here...

http://weisstime.com/company.html

I called the Weiss Watch Company in Florida and spoke with Cameron Weiss who was very polite and helpful. He said he had heard of the "Weiss" name such as found on your watch but had never seen one. I am sending Cameron a link to this topic along with an invitation to join with all of us.

This is very interesting!

Lindell

Wink

Posts: 10553 | Location: Northeastern Ohio in the USA | Registered: November 19, 2002
posted
I am going to have a jeweler open the back of the watch so we can maybe see more of what we have. I will post pictures.

Posts: 9 | Location: Plano, Texas in the USA | Registered: May 30, 2010