posted
great place for manuals for Omegas
http://www.old-omegas.com/

Posts: 4395 | Location: Arizona in the USA | Registered: July 23, 2011
Picture of Francesco Marco Maraschin
posted
Great find Peter! Thanks
Francesco.

Posts: 226 | Location: Johannesburg, South Africa | Registered: November 19, 2012
Picture of Dave Turner
posted
Sure is a great find. Now you've got me wondering. I have this old Omega I bought in the Navy Exchange in Eleuthera, BWI in 1964. I remember my first consideration was that the watch be thin, had a sweep second hand and that's about all. So, I picked this one, wore it for a couple of days and it stopped! Took it back to the store and they advised that I had to wind it. I assumed that all Omegas were self winding!!
Anyway, I wonder what model it is. I don't want to mess up the back and not sure what the proper method is to remove it. Don't want to scratch it up.

Dave Turner

Posts: 1979 | Location: Wilson, North Carolina in the USA | Registered: November 15, 2011
posted
Dave, one-piece Omega case. Split stem, pull to remove stem. Remove the crystal via a crystal lift and the movement should come out.

Posts: 784 | Location: Tijeras, New Mexico USA | Registered: July 12, 2005
Picture of Peter Kaszubski
posted
Dave you got a nice manual wind omega just fallow
Ernest instructions to open.

Picture of Dave Turner
posted
Thanks Ernest, I suspected it might be a split stem. But I don't have a crystal lift.
There is a small slot for a case knife? just under the bezel.

Dave Turner

Posts: 1979 | Location: Wilson, North Carolina in the USA | Registered: November 15, 2011
Picture of Peter Kaszubski
posted
lets bring it up to top
perhaps admins will make a sticky notes

Picture of Billy Kuhn
posted
Peter, Great post

Posts: 1012 | Location: Killen, Alabama in the USA | Registered: January 15, 2013
posted
Dave, your right. The bezel with crystal can be taken off with a knife, then you can lift the movement out. Actually a two-piece case since the bezel can be taken off.

Posts: 784 | Location: Tijeras, New Mexico USA | Registered: July 12, 2005
Picture of Dave Turner
posted
Thanks Ernest,
But actually, I lost this watch along with quite a few others about three years ago when I had a major home break in!

I've tried to find a suitable replacement but nothing yet that I really like.

Dave Turner

IHC Member 2030
posted
Ding dang that is a great site, Thanks
And Dave that watch is how it should be, gorgeous !
So sorry for your loss.
Even well armed citizenry --

Posts: 1114 | Location: Virginia Beach, Virginia in the USA | Registered: February 08, 2015