• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Rolex "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
I just came back from helping the widow of one of our members evaluate 21 pocket watches. She mentioned that she had 7 or 8 Rolex bubblebacks and one she thought was called an arched bubbleback. I have no idea what she is talking about. I need someone on the West Coast to give us some guidance on the value of these watches. Can anybody suggest someone?

Posts: 767 | Location: Los Osos, California USA | Registered: December 12, 2002
posted
Jerry,
I sold two good condition stainless steel 17J Chronometere Rolex bubblebacks C. 1940's with hidden lugs about two years ago. At the time they each sold for around $1800.00.

I've got no idea what an arched bubbleback is.

Dave Freeman
IHC Member 321

Posts: 976 | Location: Texas in the U.S.A. | Registered: January 27, 2004
Picture of Adam M. Dubin
posted
Dave, wow, if you sold all-stainless steel hooded bubblebacks for that amount, they are really quite rare and worth more than the steel/gold models!

Here's one from James Dowling:

Posts: 261 | Location: Chicago, Illinois USA | Registered: June 01, 2006
posted
Adam,
both of the watches I refer to were sold on Ebay around Christmas time. Smile Both of mine were similar to what you show, except mine had sweep second hands, refinished dials and mercedes hands.

Dave Freeman
IHC Member 321

Posts: 976 | Location: Texas in the U.S.A. | Registered: January 27, 2004