• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

New Hamilton "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Any comments on these new watches? They look nice but I'd like to hear it from a expert. Just looking for a new watch as a gift for Dad and he dosent want the maintence of a older watch, Opinions please. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2601318912 Thanks,

Aaron Bereiter
NAWCC# 156432
Very Proud IHC Charter #55

Posts: 945 | Location: Geneva, Illinois in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 19, 2002
IHC President
Life Member
Picture of Lindell V. Riddle
posted
Aaron,

That is an outstanding watch based on a World War II era design. The movement is ETA, one of the best. They're put together, guess where... Lancaster, Pennsylvania! The new retro-design Hamiltons are very good watches, tough as nails and a lot of fun to wear.

"Cranster" is an IHC-185 Charter Member with a great reputation as an e-bay seller of real integrity. I can personally recommend both the watch and the seller very highly!

By the way, watch your mailbox, I sent you something this morning.

Best Wishes,

Lindell V. Riddle, Interim President
NAWCC Internet Horology Chapter

NAWCC Life Member# 253-150074
Member of Chapters 10, 28, 37 and 174
Proud Charter Member# 003 of the NAWCC-IHC

nawcc-ihc@adelphia.net

Phone: (440) 461-0167

Posts: 10553 | Location: Northeastern Ohio in the USA | Registered: November 19, 2002
IHC Life Member
Picture of John "cranster" McElhenny
posted
Happy Holidays to everyone on this board!
Aaron the Hamilton Khaki 25J automatic your discussing is a great watch! Ive been a Hamilton dealer for about 10 months now and its the hottest seller we have, lots of repeat buyers!
I started wearing my Khaki auto this summer when my submariner kept getting caught on my lawn tractor steering wheel. Anyway I found that the watch keeps the same time as my Rolex and the power reserve was a lot better than I expected, about 18-20 hours without using a winder. Solid stainless case 45mmx38mm, sapphire crystals and a signed thick heavy leather strap(takes a couple weeks break in time)with signed SS buckle. The 25 Jewel ETA swiss movement went through hours of chain saw work and moving jewelry display cases into our store. I slapped the watch into doorways and it helped me carry roofing bundles up ladders all the while never missing a beat. Im looking at the watch now and it doesnt show a scratch or a dent. The water resistant part of the watch is for real, I live on a lake and fly fish every chance I get and the watch went in the water many times without clouding.
If this sounds like a sales pitch it could be taken that way but this model Hamilton puts out is a really exciting piece and it is not priced too high. Retails for $295(186 model) and i sell them on Ebay (1 every 8 hours average)for $225 buy it now. If any of you want one of these watches they are only $200+shipping for NAWCC members.
Thanks
John McElhenny
NAWCC# 149145

NAWCC Member# 149145
NAWCC IHC Member# 12

Posts: 349 | Location: Western New York in the U.S.A. | Registered: December 22, 2002