• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

parsons ltd bristol(england) "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Got this Parsons watch in with the union special.I googled Parsons and the reutrn was a jeweller in Bristol England called Parsons.They have been around since 1710.I have sent them an email with attachments of the watch to find out if they can identify the watch as well as date it, value it etc.It is in excellent working order keeping perfect time, and as can be seen from the pictures, is in very good condition.I would have thought that with the sub dial this would date the watch to around 1930-1950.Any ideas???

Posts: 26 | Location: Nottingham, England | Registered: March 31, 2009
posted
I could be wrong here, but it looks like a recase, possibly an older pocket watch made into a wrist watch, maybe with a new dial. Parsons probably just sold it (possibly cased it?) and the mechanism was itself made in Switzerland, but I'm sure they'll be someone along who knows more about these things and proves me wrong.

Posts: 106 | Location: Widnes, United Kingdom | Registered: April 02, 2008
posted
I was quite suprised to see that the case has a hinged access.

posted
Almost all the 20's Bulova watches I have are hinged, less so for 1930's ones. Maybe that suggest a 20's date for it. Also the open style 9 is more 1920ish too.

Posts: 106 | Location: Widnes, United Kingdom | Registered: April 02, 2008
posted
I got a reply from parsons in Bristol England.Thet say that they used to buy the swiss movements in, and put their own name on the dial, and case them and sell them.They guess the watch is around 1930, and would like it fir their historial section in the shop.They offered me £50.00 for it.I only paid £16.50 for this and the union special.A good deal eh??

IHC Life Member
posted
Michael, if you are going to sell, I can beat their offer. The college I went to is Parsons and it would be neat to have a watch with the same name. Email me if interested. bstewart7@nycap.rr.com

Posts: 718 | Location: Upstate New York in the USA | Registered: November 21, 2008
IHC Life Member

Picture of Jerry King
posted
Michael, I believe I would hold out for more....

That's about $80.00 USD, and if it's worth that to them now, it will be worth more later....

Regards,
Jerry

Posts: 2828 | Location: California in the USA | Registered: June 23, 2008
posted
too late.I sent it off to them last week.I am now awaiting the cheque arriving.